Workgroup PDM performance is directly tied to the size of the Vault (a smaller size is better).
For that use the SolidWorks Workgroup PDM VaultAdmin:
- Under the Project tab Archive old revisions and obsolete projects to reduce file size.
- In the SolidWorks Workgroup PDM VaultAdmin, enable “Indexing Service Search” from the Search tab. This may require installing Microsoft Indexing Service first. Please refer to (blog URL) for instructions on installing Microsoft Indexing Service. Please refer to Solidworks knowledgebase article S-054407 for instructions on enabling Indexing Search for Windows & Windows Server 2008 64 bit. The knowledgebase is available to all subscription customers at www.solidworks.com
- In the Solidworks Workgroup PDM VaultAdmin, under the Vault Management tab, turn on Validate Vault on rebuild frrestart the service. This can detect errors in the vault which may affect performance. Please note, this process can take a long time especially with large vaults. Rebuild Vault can also increase performance. Please refer to the Blog Article “Rebuilding Workgroup PDM Vault Metadata“.
- Delete local files. If the Working directory contains a large number of files, this can increase the amount of time to access a file. The “My Solidworks Workgroup Cleanup” utility is a good tool for doing this.
- This utility can be accessed by right-clicking on the working directory from the Local View of the Task Pane.
Leave a Reply