When you index a vault archive, the search tool can use the content search option to search a document’s contents or properties.
The first step is to set-up the Enterprise PDM index server, on the SQL Server hosting the vault database. The SolidWorks Enterprise PDM Installation Guide (found in the \Support\Guides\<lang>
directory on the installation media) outlines how this is done.
The keys steps include:
- Verifying the Microsoft Indexing Service installation
- Updating the vault database with the index server name
- Changing the database server login account
- Changing the SQL Server login account
- Adding index server filters
- Rescanning the index catalog
- Managing vault index catalogs.
Once this is done, the SolidWorks Enterprise PDM Administration Guide (available from the Help pull-down in SolidWorks Enterprise PDM Administration, or it can be found in the \Support\Guides\<lang>directory on the installation media). Describes how to Index Vault Archives on a SQL Server. It also describes how to Configure the Index Service on a Non-SQL Server and how to Remove a Vault Index.
Leave a Reply