On occasion I get asked why some folders or files are grey in the Local Vault View. A grey folder or file is a file that is located in the cache of the Local Vault View, but it is not present in the Archive vault. The following are some reasons why these grey folders or files would be present in your local vault view.
- The folder or file has been deleted, or renamed on a different client
- The logged in user lacks the permissions to see the folder or file, but a user with sufficient permissions has previously cached the folder or file locally.
- The file was added to the Local Vault view, while in offline mode.
- An error occurred while the file was being added to the vault.
- The user setting Show only local files is checked.
Solidworks and Enterprise subscription customers can learn more about addressing these issues by visiting the SolidWorks Customer portal and searching the SolidWorks Knowledgebase.
Related posts tagged with: EPDM
3 Comments (+add yours?)
Leave a Reply