SolidWorks Electrical Design for Wiring, Harness, and Cable Assemblies
E³.WireWorks is a Windows-based, modular, scalable and easy-to-learn system for electrical design of wiring, harnesses, and cable assemblies. Its modules include Schematic (for circuit diagrams), Cable (for advanced electrical design), Panel (for cabinet and panel design), and Formboard (for wiring harness nail board drawings). Together with SolidWorks® Routing tools, E³.WireWorks is a complete solution for the electrical engineer from design concept through physical realization and manufacturing output. E³.WireWorks is designed to work out-of-the-box, either standalone or with SolidWorks Routing tools and SolidWorks Enterprise PDM.
- Schematic, cable, harness, and panel are associative views on one project file. When you make a change in one view (e.g. Schematic), it automatically changes in the other views (e.g.; Cable, Panel, Formboard, BOM).
- Online physical and electrical DRC prevents errors in the design, reducing rework.
- Modular design using predefined sub-circuits which are stored in a library for easy access by the engineering community.
- Library parts contain the physical and electrical attributes that drive the DRC (e.g. AWG, predefined signals on pins, etc.). Library parts include symbols/elements for all views of the project.
- SolidWorks integration enables routing netlist (from/to connectivity), library information for wires, cables, and components with associativity. Cross-highlight between electrical and physical domains. Data management, workflow, and lifecycle control in SolidWorks Enterprise PDM.
E³.WireWorks Cable Design Tool provides engineers with the ability to design, develop and document electrical cable and harness systems to be used in any manufacturing segment.
- Schematic, Cable, Harness, and Control Panel Design
- Multi-View Project File with Full Associativity
- Online physical and electrical design rule checks (DRC)
- Design Reuse
- Electrically-Aware Component Library
- SolidWorks Integration (SolidWorks Routing, SolidWorks Enterprise PDM)
E³.WireWorks Schematic Design Tool provides engineers with a complete design capability from circuit diagrams to terminal plans and bills of material. Its integrated core database (Object-oriented technology) and online verification provide the consistent design approach to help eliminate errors, promote quality and reduce time to market:
- Circuit schematics for electrical engineering
- Logic and electrical checks
- Online terminal plans
- Online bill of materials
- Automatic connections
- Bi-directional/cross highlighting to SolidWorks
E³.WireWorks is available in three versions to suit your needs, with two additional options to address automation and manufacturing.
|E³.WireWorks Professional||Schematic and Panel|
|E³.WireWorks Premium||Schematic, Cable and Panel|