SOLIDWORKS Advanced Update
SOLIDWORKS Instructor Led Training
This course is our most dynamic course available. The focus for the Advanced Update course will be directed toward the advanced functionality within the core SOLIDWORKS product including all the features you wish you had known about before, comprising content from the most recent releases of SOLIDWORKS. Students will develop an efficient skillset with the most advanced features and functionality.
This is a course seeded with personal knowledge from the most experienced SOLIDWORKS instructors in North America. The Advanced Update course is not a replacement for the SOLIDWORKS Essentials, as the course is designed for users that already have a solid foundation in SOLIDWORKS.This course is for SOLIDWORKS 2016/2017 users only.
Course details and prerequisites:
Duration: 2 Days / 3 Days for SOLIDWORKS 2017 users
OR Online: 4 Days (4 hours/day) / 5 days for SOLIDWORKS 2017 users
Type: Instructor Led
- Attended the SOLIDWORKS Essentials or equivalent level of knowledge
- For users who have at least 1 year of experience with SOLIDWORKS in a production environment and are looking to improve their productivity and efficiency with SOLIDWORKS.
After the training you will be able to:
- Master the core functionality within SOLIDWORKS.
- Develop a deeper understanding of and take advantage of the latest tools and super-efficient techniques in SOLIDWORKS.
- Optimize Components and create Drawings much faster than before.
- Reduce and eliminate errors; know how to troubleshoot parts and assemblies using best practices.
Instructor was able to answer any questions we had. We learned a lot of ways to speed up our design process
Paul Sabadus, Radix
This course will concentrate on (but will not be limited to) the following topics:
- Most efficient ways for using the SOLIDWORKS User Interface. Reduce mouse travel, mouse clicks or keyboard keystrokes. Depending on the current practices adopted by each user, the time savings can add-up fast (10-15% time savings).
- What's new in SOLIDWORKS sketching environment. Best practices and advanced productivity related tips for creating and managing sketch entities, relations and dimensions.
- Various techniques for quickly creating mirrored components with or without an assembly.
- What's new in patterns. Advanced patterning for automating the modeling process.
- Best practices for structuring the feature tree. How to document the recipe for each model fast, easy and clear. Ideally, the downstream users should waste minimum time trying to understand the design intent of a given model. Adopting such practices at the team level could save hours or even days every week.
- How to troubleshoot and fix errors (very important for fixing issues generated by design intent changes). Having troubleshooting skills is extremely important for teams of users considering the fact that most of the time the model or drawing created by one user for a specific project is used as the input for the model created by other team members for other projects. Based on the experience reported by other customers who took training with us, the average time savings per designer in the concept phase of a cloned project are in the range of 10-30 minutes daily.
- New and extremely fast ways to create and manage configurations of parts and assemblies. We are talking about being 5 to 10 times faster compared to using traditional techniques for configuring models.
- Boolean operations inside a multibody environment. Knowing how to use Boolean operations at the part and assembly levels could be the difference between wasting time and getting the job done. Sometimes, these types of techniques are the only solutions to modeling challenges.
- What's new in SOLIDWORKS equations; including applying equations to features. Advanced equation management techniques.
- In-context design. The use of Virtual Parts during the concept phase of the design process.
- Creating inter-part relationships with or without using an assembly.
- Advanced Fillets, including fast selection of multiple edges based on specific rules.
- Assembly Mating Management. Learn how to easily find, change, and configure mates, and how to copy components with mates. All of these techniques are great productivity enhancers, resulting in huge time savings.
- Quick Selections inside Assemblies. Will also provide solutions for some of the most important challenges a user would encounter in assemblies.
- Large Assembly and Drawing management. This will provide solutions for some of the most important challenges a user would encounter in large assemblies and large drawings. Using these techniques would enable the users to open and start editing a large assembly in seconds instead of minutes.
- An overview of the Technical Support offered by Javelin and SOLIDWORKS, including:
- The best methods to get SOLIDWORKS technical support
- Free troubleshooting documentation and tools
- Where to find free video based tech tips and presentations
- How to use existing resources provided by SOLIDWORKS and Javelin
- How to become a Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional or even a Certified SOLIDWORKS Expert