SOLIDWORKS Custom Properties Management
Javelin Online Live Training (JOLT) - Instructor Led
The SOLIDWORKS Custom Properties Management course teaches you how to master the use of Custom Properties within SOLIDWORKS for significant time savings. You will learn the fastest way possible for rapidly applying custom file properties (in bulk to all components or some of the components of an assembly, and also to individual components) using all the tools available in SOLIDWORKS.
More importantly, you will discover how to extract maximum benefits from the Custom Properties you applied; by using them to automate the creation of intelligent Bill of Materials (BOM), populate title blocks, quickly select, isolate, or sort components in an assembly, link annotations, and even drive model dimensions from custom properties.
Course details and prerequisites:
Duration Online: 2 Days (4 hours/day)
Type: Instructor Led Live Online Course
After the training you will be able to:
- Quickly input custom property values for all the component of an assembly, regardless if they are parts or subassemblies (25 times faster than the traditional workflow).
- Automate the creation of intelligent Bill of Materials (BOMs) that can make decisions. Example: If the component is manufactured then list its material, if it is purchased then list its vendor.
- Populate title blocks automatically.
- Quickly sort and even colour all components of an assembly by criteria defined by custom properties. Save these colouring schemes in display states that could be used in drawings or other documents.
- Select groups of components based on custom property values.
- Isolate components based on criteria defined by custom properties.
- Create intelligent sketches containing text driven by custom properties.
- Drive selected model dimensions using an intuitive dialog box.
- Know how to link drawing annotations to custom properties from different sources (part, component, assembly drawing view or sheet).
Section A: The Fastest Methods to input Custom Properties to all Components of an Assembly
- Apply common Custom Properties in bulk to all components of the assembly.
- Apply common Custom Properties in bulk to groups of components.
- Quickly push Custom Properties to individual components using temporary tables.
- Apply deferred Custom Properties at the drawing stage (push information from drawing to model).
Section B: Using Custom Properties
- Sort and colour code components based on Custom Properties.
- Create intelligent Bill of Materials that can take decisions. Manage Custom Properties using a Bill of Material.
- Link annotations to Custom Properties at various levels in a drawing: component, drawing view or sheet.
- Link annotations to text in sketches (to be used in features).
- Drive model dimensions using Custom Properties.
- Link the overall part sizes (bounding box dimensions) to Custom Properties.