Speeding up new product development cycles, improving product quality and increasing yield rates happen when manufacturers integrate diverse design and manufacturing systems encompassing mechanical design, electrical design, design simulation and analysis, Computer-Aided Manufacturing (CAM), inspection, work instructions and ERP systems to create a unified design-to-manufacture platform.
Today’s most successful manufacturers are relying on an automated and integrated roadmap to close the gaps between designers, engineers, quality management and production teams.
A centralized, lifecycle product model that brings together design, engineering and manufacturing interactively, on a real-time collaborative platform, helps to:
- Eliminate disconnects between what engineering designed and what manufacturing can produce
- Propagate product and design changes across all functional areas
- Create a single project portfolio from design through production
- Ensure production quality and repeatability
- Speed up product development lifecycles for new customizable products that more perfectly meet customers’ requirements
- Close product configuration gaps with design to manufacturing improves customer order accuracy, fulfillment
speed and product quality creating greater customer loyalty and follow-on sales
- Increase pricing accuracy and estimates by using the automated, real-time manufacturing cost estimation capacities inherent in this approach
Download the white paper to understand why now is the best time to adopt a more lifecycle-based approach for creating and producing new products.
Find more resources for topic: