At CT Logics Inc., an oilfield equipment manufacturer based in Edmonton, Alberta, a handful of engineers designs custom coiled tubing equipment for both land and offshore drilling applications. There’s nothing off the shelf at CTL – each project is designed to meet specific customer needs.
Downtime is detrimental to any operation, and that’s especially true when a small team is responsible for a big job.
“We need to do what we need to do quickly,” says David Crick, Lead Engineer for CTL. “The efficiency of the engineering team directly affects the business as a whole.”
It’s why they rely on SOLIDWORKS software and choose reseller Javelin Technologies for Canadian SOLIDWORKS Support. CTL’s engineers are heavy users of both SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD software and SOLIDWORKS Product Data Management (PDM). PDM helps them keep their design data under control and collaborate easily.
When it comes to supporting these products, David says they choose the SOLIDWORKS Subscription Service offered by Javelin Technologies, particularly because of Javelin’s unique expertise in PDM.
“Good support is really important to us when we get new releases of PDM,” he says. “We get help over the phone or give remote access to the tech people so they can take over our screen and walk us through the process. We want the latest and greatest here, and we need support so it all runs smoothly.”David also appreciates having Javelin representatives right in Edmonton. “They can come out and help us and they have information sessions we can attend in person.”
Faster response time
CT Logics is a long-time customer of Javelin Technologies but they have experienced tech support services elsewhere. Today they choose Javelin because Javelin’s response time is faster and meets their needs.
“We can’t get bogged down in questions about the software,” David says. “If we open a file, and all the bolts are missing, we have to find out why quickly. Javelin will help us find the right setting to change or help us locate a misplaced file. It would take too long to figure that out on our own.”
Being in the oil and gas sector in Alberta has presented obvious challenges for CT Logics and an essential shift into new product areas. David says SOLIDWORKS allows his team to switch from the usual projects to new product development.
“We’re transferring the skills we developed working in oil and gas over to working on wind power projects. SOLIDWORKS is general purpose software so there’s no need for us to learn something new.”
Visit CT Logics online at ctlogics.com.
SOLIDWORKS Subscription Service from Javelin
To enhance your current and future opportunities, it’s paramount to maintain an up-to-date design and development environment that helps keep you competitive and improve your operational efficiency.
The Javelin SOLIDWORKS Subscription Service Program offers a smart, flexible way to protect your investment in the 3D design experience.
Benefits of the service
- SOLIDWORKS is the world’s most widely-adopted 3D CAD software, creating an enormous, vibrant community for networking, business development, learning, and inspiration.
- To enhance your investment in SOLIDWORKS software, you get comprehensive support from Javelin to coach you through any challenge.
- Get software updates and new releases to ensure you always have access to the best features and enhancements to give you a competitive advantage.
Stay ahead of your competition
Support, upgrades, new versions, special releases, add-on features, webcasts—all designed exclusively for SOLIDWORKS Subscription Service program members. You can improve your performance and productivity with an intuitive 3D design experience for a competitive advantage.
- STAY PRODUCTIVE: With Subscription Service, you have access to extensive support from Javelin’s SOLIDWORKS experts to enhance your investment in SOLIDWORKS software and guide you through development challenges.
- STAY KNOWLEDGEABLE: You get full access to the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base, an expansive, easily searchable web-based library of technical articles, help topics, tech tips, best practices, solutions, and macros, all written, reviewed, and frequently updated by SOLIDWORKS experts. A few minutes of self-directed learning can help improve your productivity.
- STAY CURRENT: Subscription Service program members get free access to testing and certification for Certified SOLIDWORKS Associate (CSWA) and Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional (CSWP) credentials.
- Subscribers can take one advanced certification exam per subscription year.
- These certifications validate that the SOLIDWORKS user has expertise in the world’s most widely adopted 3D CAD software.
- Subscription members can access a free management report showing exam performance, skill areas for improvement, and recommendations to help achieve productivity gains with SOLIDWORKS software.
Find more resources for topic: