UAC 2000 & 4000
Advanced Air Filtration Systems
The UAC 2000 & 4000 effectively remove exhaust air from laser material processing systems and capture the smoke and particulate produced when laser processing materials, using a unique four-stage filtration system.
Sensors monitor each stage of the filtration system and alert the user when filter media needs replacement. Variable-speed exhaust blowers maintain a constant air flow, as particle filters are consumed. A two stage carbon filter uses carbon media more efficiently, reducing operating cost over the life of the air cleaner, while effectively removing fumes from the exhaust stream. This dual carbon filter design is unique and patented by ULS (Patent 9,155,988).
Additionally, an integrated carbon monoxide (CO) monitor alerts the user to dangerous levels of CO in the ambient air. At critical levels, the CO sensor can automatically stop laser material processing.
Universal Laser System
UAC 2000 & 4000 Benefits
- Increased Safety: The innovative, patented sensor suite monitors filtration performance at every stage of filtration and protects the user and the environment like no other manufacturer.
- Improved Return on Investment:Extremely efficient use of consumable filter media improves cost of operation compared to other less sophisticated solutions.
- Reduced Facilities Requirements:Reduces or eliminates the need for expensive infrastructure projects to add or upgrade exhaust equipment.
UAC 2000 & 4000 Features
Superior Integration and Safety
- Seamlessly integrates with ULS laser systems
- Available in two sizes, the UAC 2000 and the UAC 4000, to handle all ULS system and application requirements
- Intuitive controls require relatively little training to operate
- No tools are required to change filters
- The laser system is in constant communication with the UAC, turning the blowers on and off with processing and reporting on filter status
- Four stage filtration with a unique multi-sensor design continuously monitors filter efficiency
- High-capacity filters are designed for production environments
- Extremely quiet operation
- Onboard sensors prevent ULS laser systems from processing materials when filters are depleted or high levels of CO are detected
- Removes air-borne particles and volatile chemicals (VOCs) produced by laser material processing
- Unique dual carbon filter* design maximizes utilization of active carbon media
- Monitors ambient CO levels
- To manage outgassing, a standby fan* keeps fresh air moving through the filters when the system is not processing materials
* (patent pending)
Why you should choose a Universal Laser System
Three advantages of the UAC 2000 & 4000
1. Advanced 4-stage Filtration
Both the UAC 2000 and the UAC 4000 use a four stage filtration system (Pre Filter, HEPA Filter and Dual Carbon Filters) to effectively remove byproducts from the exhaust air. Sensors monitor each stage and alert the user when filter media needs replacing.
2. Better User Experience
As part of the ecosystem of modular components that enable Universal Laser Systems (ULS) to provide tailored solutions for laser material processing, ULS air filtration units are designed to communicate with ULS laser systems.
3. High Reliability & Serviceability
Filter replacement is performed from the front of the ULS air filtration system through convenient doors. The pre-filters are connected to a detachable box that can be easily removed from the system to aid in cleaning while replacement pre-filter media is installed.
UAC 2000 & 4000 Specifications
Essential details for the Air Filtration Systems
|UAC 2000||UAC 4000|
|Air Flow||>150 CFM @ 9 in. H2O||>300 CFM @ 9 in. H2O|
|Duct/Pipe Diameter||4 in. (100 mm)||6 in. (150 mm)|
|Filters||One 24 x 12 in., 5-pocket MERV 14 pre-filter|
One 17 x 17 x 3 in. HEPA filter
Two 20 lb. activated carbon filters
|Two 24 x 12 in., 5-pocket MERV 14 pre-filters|
24 x 24 x 3 in. HEPA filter
Two 30 lb. activated carbon filters
|Communication||Modular plug cable for connecting with a ULS laser system.|
|Power||110 VAC/15A or 210-230 VAC/8A Max||210-230 VAC/15A Max|
|Size||41.5 x 24 x 36.5 in. (1055 x 610 x 928 mm)||43 x 30.75 x 41.2 in. (1055 x 610 x 928 mm)|
|Weight||350 lbs. (160 kg)||525 lbs. (240 kg)|
|Pre-Filter Technical Data|
|Filter Rating/Efficiency||MERV 14/95% @ 3.0 micron particle size|
|HEPA Filter Technical Data|
|Filter Rating/Efficiency||99.97% @ 0.3 micron particle size|
|Carbon Filter Technical Data|
|Filter Media||Activated Carbon (specially treated for formaldehyde absorption)|