SOLIDWORKS Productivity Service
Are you using SOLIDWORKS to its full potential?
Enhance the CAD skills and capabilities of your team with a SOLIDWORKS Productivity Service from Javelin.
Why Invest in your Team's Productivity?
You want your team to be well equipped and productive, but investing in developing the skills of your team members might not be your highest priority. Budgeting for a Productivity Service to create a more effective SOLIDWORKS team will be a sound investment and will justify the cost of your software and hardware upgrades.
Here are just a few reasons why productivity training is needed:
Harness the latest SOLIDWORKS Technology & Usage Techniques
SOLIDWORKS is always changing, with over 200 new enhancements added every year your team needs to update their skillset in order to make the most of the new technology:
- With a Productivity Plan in place users will have a consistent approach to making the best use of SOLIDWORKS.
- Your team can focus on design rather than researching new functionality.
- Users tend to work with the features they are most comfortable with, but we can bring them up-to-date with the latest SOLIDWORKS techniques.
Increase Team Morale & Confidence
- Providing training and developing team members increases morale and that in turn increases team productivity.
- Employees tend to stay longer with a company when they receive training on a regular basis.
- Be more confident in your team's abilities with the knowledge that they are trained to use the software your business has invested in.
Ensure correct usage of your software
- Verify that your design process and team are as productive as they could be.
- Ensure that your software is being used the right way with team members utilizing the most effective methods and techniques.
- Prove to your customers that your team is proficient with SOLIDWORKS and able to deliver projects on time.
How does the Productivity Service work?
A 3 Step Process to improve team productivity
Your Software Usage
LEARN & OPTIMIZE
Learn best practices & update your system
Deliver results & recommendations
STEP 1: ANALYZE Your Software Usage
A Javelin Elite Engineer will investigate how your business currently uses SOLIDWORKS software and assess your team's skills to determine where productivity can be improved and the training your team needs.
We will then work with you to create a tailored SOLIDWORKS training plan designed specifically for your business based on the analysis results.
STEP 2: TRAIN Individual Users
Tailored SOLIDWORKS training will then be delivered to your team either on-site at your premises or at one of our local offices. Training will focus on the features that will benefit your business the most.
Followed by one-on-one sessions with individual team members to implement new techniques and provide targeted training identified from the needs analysis.
STEP 3: REPORT Results & Findings
After training has been completed we will meet with you to report our findings and results obtained from one-on-one training sessions.
You will also receive a comprehensive report which contains recommendations to improve your business productivity and suggestions for further education to develop your individual team members.
"Think about taking just one second vs. 10 seconds, or one minute vs. 10 minutes. That’s 10 times better productivity. Multiply that by the number of people working on projects over a week, or over a year. Overall, we estimate user productivity has increased by up to 5 times when dealing with complex geometry. Imagine the impact on how our people feel about their work. Imagine the impact on our business."
— Mike Taylor, Product Development Manager with Phil Mauer & Associates
"I liked that I could learn things even in areas where I was already familiar. Some of the tips and tricks will help me do my job faster and more efficiently."
— Lyndon Graff, Brandt Industries
"What I learned will make me more productive and make my company more competitive."
— Ed Petruskavich, Island Automation Ltd.
Benefits of the Productivity Service
Investing in a Productivity Service from Javelin will dramatically improve your business. After receiving training our customers have realized a 75% increase in productivity because users know how to use SOLIDWORKS software more effectively.
Benefits of Trained Users
- Able to reduce their design time.
- Have a consistent design approach.
- Work more effectively to create and reuse geometry.
Top 3 Reasons for SOLIDWORKS Training
- Stay effective with updates to the software.
- Get the most out of your software investment.
- Maintain best practices in your business.
Gain a Return On Investment
In order to get the most out of your software investment your team needs to utilize the features that will benefit your business the most:
- A Productivity Service from Javelin will identify the most effective ways your business can use SOLIDWORKS.
- Users tend to work with tried and tested features they are most comfortable with, but we can bring them up-to-date with the latest techniques.
- Your team will also learn the enhanced functionality from previous SOLIDWORKS releases that they may not be using currently.
Learn how we have helped customers increase their productivity
Large Assembly Productivity Issue
The engineering team at Phil Mauer & Associates once suffered through slowdowns when working with large assemblies in SOLIDWORKS, until they got help from Javelin Technologies. Javelin’s specialists solved their problems and helped them increase their productivity when handling complex geometry by up to 5 times.
Phil Mauer & Associates designs and manufactures material handling containers and racking. Customers provide data for a part or assembly in a neutral file format, then the designers use SOLIDWORKS to create a container for that unique product.
Challenges to Overcome
- Opening just one customer-supplied part was taking up to 10 minutes.
- To design the rack for the part, Phil Mauer's engineers do not need the full complexity of geometry supplied; most faces are irrelevant.
- During design, the software would stop responding for up to 20 seconds, resulting in distraction and frustration.
Results with Help from Javelin
- During custom-designed Javelin training sessions, Phil Mauer’s designers gained not only deeper knowledge of SOLIDWORKS but also practical skills directly related to their real day-to-day challenges. They practised techniques that pinpoint the cause of slowdowns and learned how to eliminate them.
- Thanks to a Javelin-designed solution for eliminating the unnecessary geometry not used in the container or rack design, complex customer-provided models can be adjusted upon receipt in just 30 minutes, eliminating hours, even days, of frustrating stop-and-go work for designers.
Can you spot the difference? The images are actually identical. In just 30 minutes, a part with 15,000 bodies is reduced to less than 150, without a visible change in the geometry of the model.
Large Assembly Productivity Service
- Analysis: During a full-day visit, a Javelin specialist watched designers work and discussed their challenges to fully understand their work and gauge the proficiency of each user.
- Custom Solution: Javelin discovered the bottlenecks, reported on findings, and designed tailored training for the team.
- Implementation: During training, Javelin focused on critical areas unique to Phil Mauer's challenges, while leaving room for brainstorming and collaboration with their team.
RESULTS: User productivity increased by up to 5 times when handling complex geometry.
Contact Us about a Service
Interested in a SOLIDWORKS Productivity Service? Speak to a training expert and get your questions answered