Training Course Contents
The SOLIDWORKS API course teaches you how to use the SOLIDWORKS Application Programming Interface to automate and customize SOLIDWORKS.
This training course will help you to:
- Automate SOLIDWORKS for your working environment.
- Design custom applications to increase workflow and reduce mundane SOLIDWORKS tasks
- Enhance SOLIDWORKS tools to better suit your needs
Course Info at a glance
Requirements & Benefits
Skills you will acquire
SOLIDWORKS API Lessons
The following lessons are included in the course
Lesson 1: Using the Macro Recorder
- Macro Recording
- Macro Toolbar
- Understanding How Macro Code Works
- Understanding How to Call Members on API Interfaces
- Passing Parameters
- Cleaning Up Code
- Adding Forms to a Macro
Lesson 2: The API Object Model
- SOLIDWORKS API Object Model
- Application Objects
- Case Study: Connecting to New Documents
- Case Study: Connecting to Existing Documents
Lesson 3: Setting System Options and Document Properties
- User Preferences - System Options
- User Preferences - Document Properties
- Locating the Correct APIs and Enumeration Values
- UserPreference Tables For System Options, Document Properties and Menu Items
Lesson 4: Automating Part Design
- Case Study: Automation Tool for Parts
Lesson 5: Assembly Automation
- Case Study: Automation Tool for Assemblies
Lesson 6: Drawing Automation
- Case Study: Automating Drawing Creation
Lesson 7: Selection and Traversal Techniques
- Case Study: Programming With a Selected Object
- The SOLIDWORKS BREP Model
- Case Study: Body and Face Traversal
- Case Study: Feature Manager Traversal
Lesson 8: Adding Custom Properties and Attributes
- Case Study: Custom Properties
- Case Study: Configurations With Custom Properties
- Case Study: File Summary Information
- Case Study: Document Attributes
- The Attribute Objects
- Case Study: Face Attributes
Lesson 9: The SOLIDWORKS API SDK
- The API SDK
- Case Study: Creating a VB.NET Add-In
- Case Study: Creating a C# Add-In
- Case Study: C++ Add-Ins
- Choosing a Programming Language
Lesson 10: Customizing the SOLIDWORKS User Interface
- Case Study: Customizing the UI With VB.NET
- Understanding The Add-in Code
- Property Pages
- Property Page Groups and Controls
- Removing Menus and Toolbars
- Other Areas of Customization
Lesson 11: Notifications
- Notifications in VBA
- Case Study: Simple Notification
- Case Study: Using Notifications in .NET
- Macro Feature
- Batch Conversion 1
- Batch Conversion 2
- Assembly Traversal
- Custom Model View
"The instructor was a very good communicator. Kept the SOLIDWORKS API class at an even and controlled pace. Had lots of examples and gave out additional support information."
— Eric Bunn, Sealed Air
"Should speed up the time it takes to build models and drawings for our customers."
— Nataliya Polonsky, Stein Industries
Choose from three different training methods available to you
Receive SOLIDWORKS training as a group in a traditional classroom environment.
Classes can be taken in one of our 12 training locations across Canada using SOLIDWORKS approved training content and methodologies.
- Cost effective training method.
- Leave the office to concentrate on learning.
- Learn more through group questions and feedback.
Live Online Training
With our online training you will experience an interactive learning environment where you can give feedback, gain access to the SOLIDWORKS training files and get time to work on training exercises.
- Online courses are typically half day sessions.
- More effective than video based training, with recorded videos learners are often not as focused on the training and skip exercises.
Onsite at your location
Receive training at your place of work. This style of flexible training is perfect for teams or individuals who are faced with a specific challenge and require personalized courses with on-the-job coaching.
- Use our state-of-the-art mobile classroom at your facility.
- Bring your team up to a consistent level of knowledge by having them take the same training at the same time.
- Benefit from flexible scheduling options.
Choose a SOLIDWORKS API class from the list below
Get Custom Training
Contact us to learn how the SOLIDWORKS API course can be included in custom training for your business