Training Course Contents
The focus of this course is towards the advanced functionality within SOLIDWORKS Simulation software including all the features you wish you had known about before, and content from the most recent releases of SOLIDWORKS Simulation
This course is built from the expert knowledge of the most experienced SOLIDWORKS Simulation instructors in North America. This course is not a replacement for the SOLIDWORKS Simulation Linear Static (formerly Essentials), as this course is designed for users that already have an intermediate level of knowledge in SOLIDWORKS Simulation.
Course Info at a glance
This training course is ideal for:
- Users who have not received SOLIDWORKS Simulation training recently
- Users with an intermediate/advanced level of knowledge using other FEA simulation software and/or elementary level of knowledge of FEA
- Users who have been working with simulation for a long time and wish to enhance their simulation capabilities
After the training you will have:
- Mastered the core functionality within SOLIDWORKS Simulation
- Developed a deeper understanding of and take advantage of the latest tools and super-efficient techniques in SOLIDWORKS Simulation.
- Performed in-depth optimization study as well as buckling and fatigue analysis to safely design your products in the most optimum way.
- Speeded up your simulation run-time; know how to troubleshoot your simulation in both pre- and post-processing steps using best practices
Requirements & Benefits
Skills you will acquire
SOLIDWORKS Simulation Advanced FEA Topics
The following topics are covered in the course
- Most efficient ways of meshing and troubleshooting with mesh failure.
- What’s new in SOLIDWORKS Simulation pre- and post-processing.
- How to track down singularity and the best practices to get rid of it.
- Review the advanced and automated meshing techniques.
- How to simplify a model to obtain faster and accurate results.
- Combination of various load cases in a model.
- How to isolate a specific area of a larger structure and simulate it in greater detail.
- In-depth review on performing frequency, buckling and fatigue analysis.
- Structural Optimization analysis during design.
- Review the Simulation Tips & Tricks and Best Practices for Meshing and Solvers.
"The SOLIDWORKS Simulation Advanced FEA is a great course. Lots of practical examples and tips — well done."
— Dan Smyth, Toronto Rehab.
"I found the overhead examples and the instructors recommendations for problem solving the best thing about this course."
— George, Kucherenko, Protech.
"I really enjoyed having a small class allowing me to get a lot of time with the instructor who was very passionate about the subject and visibly enjoyed teaching the class."
— Aidan Aird, STEM Kids Rock
Choose from three different training methods available to you
Receive SOLIDWORKS training as a group in a traditional classroom environment.
Classes can be taken in one of our 12 training locations across Canada using SOLIDWORKS approved training content and methodologies.
- Cost effective training method.
- Leave the office to concentrate on learning.
- Learn more through group questions and feedback.
Live Online Training
With our online training you will experience an interactive learning environment where you can give feedback, gain access to the SOLIDWORKS training files and get time to work on training exercises.
- Online courses are typically half day sessions.
- More effective than video based training, with recorded videos learners are often not as focused on the training and skip exercises.
Onsite at your location
Receive training at your place of work. This style of flexible training is perfect for teams or individuals who are faced with a specific challenge and require personalized courses with on-the-job coaching.
- Use our state-of-the-art mobile classroom at your facility.
- Bring your team up to a consistent level of knowledge by having them take the same training at the same time.
- Benefit from flexible scheduling options.
Choose a SOLIDWORKS Simulation Advanced FEA class from the list below
Get Custom Training
Contact us to learn how the SOLIDWORKS Simulation Advanced FEA course can be included in custom training for your business