NITOR Surface Finishing Machine
Finish your 3D Printed Parts faster
Whatever your surface finish requirements are, the NITOR Surface Finishing machine has been engineered to meet the specifications for the desired Roughness Average (Ra) to achieve various types of finishes on a wide range of 3D printed materials.
Capable of finishing surfaces of parts created with the following 3D printing technologies: FDM, SLS, SLA, CLIP, PolyJet, Muti Jet Fusion (MJF), and more.
Post Processing Solution
Automated Surface Finishing
- Designed for all types of geometries, simple to complex, the NITOR Surface Finishing machine is specifically engineered for 3D printed parts.
- Works continuously with limited technician involvement required, combined with the ability to finish many parts in the same cycle, speeds overall throughput and ensures that the post-print finishing never hinders the production runs.
Fast Cycle Times
The patent-pending automated surface finish vibratory system is exclusively engineered for additive manufactured parts. Designed to meet the specifications for your desired Roughness Average (Ra) to achieve various types of finishes, the NITOR Surface Finishing is ideal for all 3D printed materials.
PostProcess solution of patent-pending software, user-friendly hardware, and eco-friendly consumables works collectively to deliver exacting surface finishing on all 3D print materials while increasing the throughput of your production.
Advanced Surface Finishing Technology
The unique Suspended Rotational Force (SRF) technology utilizes a circulating motion with immersion in a mixture of composite abrasive and fluid for applying even mechanical force at the surface level. Driven by AUTOMAT3D™ platform, which controls proprietary Agitation Algorithms.
The NITOR’s advanced software provides real-time decision making for your desired surface finish while preserving the fine-feature detail of unique geometries. Precisely controlling all variables, including heat, frequency, amplitude, and lubricity, our solution ensures less breakage. In addition, you have the capability to “set it and forget it” with recipe programming that no other system can offer.
All of the patent-pending engineered solutions have been developed for high-performance and optimized to use eco-friendly media. PostProcess provide media in 50 pound plastic containers with molded-in handles, for easy unload and storage. The media has been formulated and tested to have the lowest attrition rates in the industry.
NITOR Surface Finishing Machine Features
AUTOMAT3D™ Software Features
- Real-time decision making
- Intelligent cycle times
- Integrated diagnostics
- Variable detergent dosing
- Precise control of all variables
- Recipe programming
Size and Weight
- Envelope (full): 60″ L × 24″ W × 20″ H
- Envelope (two sides / with divider): 29.5” L × 24” W × 20” H
- Machine Footprint (closed door): 96” L × 42.5” W × 49.75” H
- Machine Footprint (open door): 164.25” L × 72.25” W × 78.5” H
- Volume of parts should not exceed 1/3rd of envelope
- Approximate Weight: 2900 lbs empty, 4000 lbs full (ceramic media) or 3600 full (plastic media)
- Advanced industrial controls by Beckhoff™
- High durability, low maintenance design
- Singular tub for large parts, or divider option for dual abrasive and polish operations
- Thoughtful construction – contoured back walls, corrugated side walls, urethane coated envelope, textured powder coated enclosure
- PG3 Detergent
- All PostProcess abrasive and polishing media
- 3 phase, 208 V, 5-wire
- Amperage: 30A
- Multi-position, self-supporting hinged lid
- Emergency stop
- Auto power down
- Compliant with all OSHA regulations
Why you need a NITOR Surface Finishing Machine
3 Advantages of using an automated Surface Finishing Solution for 3D printed parts
1. Consistent Results
It is virtually impossible to achieve uniformity on every part with manual finishing. PostProcess automated surface finishing ensures that every part is identical, every time — to your specification with the precise Ra required.
2. Reduced Finishing Time
PostProcess harnesses extensive engineering expertise applied to surface finishing of numerous printed parts in the same batch and at faster speeds than manual processing. Ensuring that post-print finishing never hinders the production runs.
3. Greater Productivity
The PostProcess NITOR Surface Finishing machine can work on numerous printed parts simultaneously. Enabling companies to focus on higher-value activities.
Other Surface Finishing Machines to consider
PostProcess Machines in the Design and Production Series
DECI Duo Cleaning & Surface Finishing
The Hybrid DECI Duo automated 3D printed part support removal and surface finishing machine is a multi-functioning system for all your post-processing needs.
LEVO Surface Finishing
The LEVO Surface Finishing machine ensures every 3D printed part meets your specifications, such as desired Roughness Average (Ra) and dimensional consistency.