SOLIDWORKS MBD 2017 introduces many new enhancements to Model Based Definition that will help you to quickly and accurately communicate critical product information throughout your downstream manufacturing operations.
Watch our on-demand webinar to see the latest enhancements in SOLIDWORKS MBD 2017 and a review of the new features including:
- Basic dimensions for features of size and fully automated Polar Dimensioning Schemes.
- Much more intuitive dimensioning process by allowing direct referencing of edges.
- Accurately dimension cast or molded parts to easily create intersection geometry between drafted surfaces.
- Publish 3D PDFs at different accuracy levels, giving you control over file size and quality.
- Attach any other file to the PDF, including automatic creation of STEP AP242 files for direct manufacturing.
- Interrogate dimension and tolerance changes and produce a concise report to help eliminate interpretation errors.
SOLIDWORKS® MBD (Model Based Definition) is an integrated drawingless manufacturing solution for SOLIDWORKS 3D design software.
You can communicate product and manufacturing information (PMI) directly in 3D, bypassing time-consuming 2D processes, and eliminating potential problems.