ACCELERATE YOUR INDUSTRIAL DESIGN
What is SOLIDWORKS Industrial Designer?
SOLIDWORKS® Industrial Designer (SWID) is a cloud based concept design tool that allows you to quickly generate multiple industrial design concepts in response to a design brief. It offers unique tools for the rapid creation, manipulation, and modification of designs using native and imported geometry.
The perfect concept tool
For industrial design concepts and the modeling of consumer products, SWID offers a perfect 3D concept tool.
- Quickly capture your ideas in a natural, instinctive way using the screen as a virtual sketchpad
- Expand your ideas in 3D with freeform sculpting techniques – simply push and pull geometry onscreen like virtual clay until you achieve the desired result
- Easily snapshot multiple design ideas in Concept Archives and then share them throughout your design community to gauge customers’ reactions
SOLIDWORKS Industrial Designer Capabilities
Capture your ideas
SOLIDWORKS Industrial Designer breaks down traditional design process barriers by offering your business:
- Quickly capture your ideas in a natural, instinctive way using the screen as a virtual sketchpad.
- Concept sketching provides easy-to-use tools for creating sketch-based concepts and ideas.
- Simplified design evolution quickly moves your concept from sketches to complex 3D geometry helping accelerate time-to-market.
Expand your ideas in 3D
Expand your ideas in 3D with freeform sculpting techniques – simply push and pull geometry on screen like virtual clay until you achieve the desired result:
- Integrated freeform and parametric surface/solid modeling merges the benefits of freeform sub-division, parametric solid, and surface modeling with direct editing.
- Direct editing easily transforms both native and imported solid geometry, reducing remodeling time and allowing you to focus on innovation.
- Realistic rendering tools enable you to produce stunning images to help convey exactly how the finished product might look.
Collaborate on the Cloud
Easily snapshot multiple design ideas in Concept Archives and then share them throughout your design community to gauge customers’ reactions
- Access the collective intelligence of the whole team to drive towards the best design solution.
- Collaborate internally and externally with your design team, suppliers, and customers in an open innovation process.
- Engage stakeholders at any point in the design process by posting concepts to their private communities.
- Collect stakeholder concept reviews and feedback using simple and familiar web tools.
Get Informed, Get Connected, Get Involved
Use social innovation and collaboration for better design
Working on the cloud provides significant value during the product development process without needing to leverage enterprise data management tools. With transparent data management, embedded social innovation, and extensive collaboration capabilities, you now have the ability to share, communicate, and control your projects. SOLIDWORKS Industrial Designer gives you an easy-to-use, cloud-based project collaboration infrastructure that will help YOU:
ORGANIZE your Project
With access control, encrypted communication protocols, and industry-leading data backup and recovery procedures, your data files are always protected. An embedded and transparent data management system helps ensure that your work is never lost and never overwritten—your data files remain safe.
COLLABORATE on your Project
Integrated collaboration tools enable innovation at multiple levels. Collaborative co-design allows multiple engineers to work on the same product at the same time. Unlimited communities let you engage with other users, management, customers, suppliers, or any other stakeholders early in the product development process.
CONNECT with your Team
Every user can always be connected in the cloud to a single, common database, with access to the latest version of data. Every user (depending on their security and access rights) can access data anywhere, anytime, from any device to complete essential tasks, such as managing or reviewing models or participating in community discussions. Integrated collaboration tools enable innovation at multiple levels.
Collaborative co-design allows multiple engineers to work on the same product at the same time. Unlimited communities let you engage with other users, management, customers, suppliers, or any other stakeholders early in the product development process.
Unlimited number of shareable dashboards, combined with a library of off-the-shelf widgets, gives you easy access to information about product development, the latest comments from the community, and the people involved.
Store and manage data across collaborative spaces, and share information in communities. You can find data faster by using tags, custom search, and other features.
Learn more about SOLIDWORKS Industrial Designer
“Using SOLIDWORKS Industrial Designer software, Studio Gecchelin can leverage a robust sketching and freeform, sub-D modeling application to create innovative industrial designs while simultaneously collaborating more effectively with engineers to refine industrial design concepts for production.”
— Lorenzo Gecchelin, Principal and Lead Designer, Studio Gecchelin
“Using SOLIDWORKS Industrial Designer on the infant and child safety project, I was able to focus on the design aesthetic while simultaneously addressing mass and volume concerns.”
— Randy Yang, Industrial Designer, Inertia Engineering + Design, Inc.
“SOLIDWORKS Industrial Designer software provides all of the capabilities of other sketching and surfacing packages without their limitations. The software has allowed us to cut design time by 60 percent, which gives us time to create more concepts....”
— Jesse Hahne, Co-Owner, Center for Advanced Design
SOLIDWORKS Services included
Improve your performance and productivity with Javelin services
With SOLIDWORKS Subscription Service, you have access to extensive help from our SOLIDWORKS experts. Which will enhance your software investment and guide you through development challenges.
- Live Technical Support from our certified support team.
- Remote Support to solve your technical issue right on your machine.
- Regular Communication of software updates and technical tips and tricks.
Upgrades & Resources
Enjoy the latest version of your software and direct access to a comprehensive library of drawings, parts, assemblies, and features contributed by users around the globe.
- Automatic Upgrades to the most Up-to-date Version of your SOLIDWORKS software.
- FREE access to the SOLIDWORKS Customer Portal for Macros, Documentation, and the ability to submit Enhancement Requests.
- Full access to the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base for Articles, Tech Tips, and Best Practices.
Online Training & Certification
A MySolidWorks online account is included with your subscription service where you can get answers, stay current, and sharpen your design skills with online training:
- Your MySolidWorks Standard Account includes 600+ online tutorial videos.
- FREE access to SOLIDWORKS testing and certification to help you become a Certified SOLIDWORKS Associate (CSWA) or Professional (CSWP).
Find out the Cost
Get Canadian pricing for SOLIDWORKS software