What is SOLIDWORKS PCB?
SOLIDWORKS® PCB is a set of tools designed to enable powerful and seamless collaboration with mechanical design. Combining the best technology in PCB design with an easy-to-use interface to give you the productivity you need to get your PCBs designed quickly and easily.
SOLIDWORKS PCB Collaboration
A professional PCB design tool capable of meeting the demands of today’s products, which allows you to develop the most efficient schematics for your board layouts.
Integration of PCB design seamlessly with SOLIDWORKS CAD, with a managed ECO change process and distinct workflows to keep you at your most productive.
The new SOLIDWORKS PCB powered by altium design tool combines the power and usability of Altium with the 3D expertise of SOLIDWORKS to unite the “electronic” and mechanical worlds, one design at a time.
ECAD-MCAD Project Collaboration Server
Achieve unmatched ECAD-MCAD integration and collaboration with SOLIDWORKS® by unifying data and pushing changes to both sides of the design project.
Managed ECAD-MCAD ECO Process
Manage changes to board shape, component placement, mounting holes, keepouts and cutouts in both SOLIDWORKS PCB and SOLIDWORKS through managed Engineering Change Orders (ECOs), no matter where the change initiated.
Output PCB Copper Geometries
Open board designs in SOLIDWORKS with all copper information making it possible to take advantage of advanced analysis such as thermal and vibration simulation.
The SOLIDWORKS PCB interface is designed for streamlined productivity and ease-of-use. Enjoy a modern interface with easy to navigate options to get your PCB designs done quickly and efficiently.
Combine and manage your schematic and PCB component libraries together in a single location. Re-use components that you know and trust from successful past projects.
Make immediate decisions on pricing and availability of components to meet your budget and deadlines. Search your preferred supplier databases within SOLIDWORKS PCB and link solutions directly to components in your design.
Gain greater clarity and control over changes made to your design in all phases, from schematic capture to board layout.
Open native SOLIDWORKS files in SOLIDWORKS PCB, and open PCB files in SOLIDWORKS. Imported mechanical models are accurate and retain your original design information.
SOLIDWORKS PCB Features
The latest PCB design technology with the most seamless collaboration experience
Powerful PCB Design Technology
SOLIDWORKS PCB, powered by leading electrical design software Altium, doesn’t compromise on its core focus.
With a powerful set of PCB design features to meet the demands of today’s complex designs. Altium have packed in all of the latest design technology from over 25 years of R&D experience.
- A powerful PCB design engine gives you all the tools you need to get your designs done quickly and efficiently. From comprehensive design rule checks to real-time 3D clearance checking, you’ve got the features you need for your innovative designs.
- A streamlined schematic editing environment has all the tools you need to bring your designs to life. Easily re-use design elements with a powerful library manager, and keep it all of your design data organized with hierarchical multi-sheet design.
- An easy-to-use and unified interface lets you get to work immediately. A seamless interface between schematic editing and board layout keeps you at your most productive.
Enhanced Productivity with distinct workflows, managed ECO and Lifecycles
Focus on just the electronic side of your design with SOLIDWORKS PCB, and work on the rest in parallel with SOLIDWORKS. Keep your electrical and mechanical design workflows separate but in sync, using the most productive tools for both sides of your design.
- Develop the mechanical models of components in your mechanical environment and the electrical libraries for your components in the electrical environment, all while keeping your data tightly linked as two sides of the same component.
- Push changes to component placement, board shape and mounting holes to and from SOLIDWORKS and SOLIDWORKS PCB in managed Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) so your designs stay in sync.
- Manage the lifecycle states of component models separately in ECAD and MCAD worlds. Complete a 3D model without waiting for the ECAD component data, and even place a component without waiting for the mechanical model to be complete.
Integrate your design data
The key to successful product design is a seamless integration between both your mechanical and electrical worlds. Support for Parasolid models in SOLIDWORKS PCB allows you to transition between your MCAD and ECAD designs with ease.
- Connect the ECAD environment directly to SOLIDWORKS to maintain your existing MCAD-based workflow.
- Link directly to SOLIDWORKS Parasolid models for enclosures and component bodies. Linking a native 3D file format in the ECAD environment helps simplify and automate your design workflow.
- Open your board designs, with copper information, inside SOLIDWORKS and get a complete picture of your design. With copper information included, you can now perform deeper analysis with thermal, vibration and other mechanical simulations.
SOLIDWORKS PCB Connector
Seamless integration of electrical and mechanical
Boost product innovation
The SOLIDWORKS PCB Connector is as an extension to Altium Designer to connect Altium with SOLIDWORKS.
SOLIDWORKS PCB Connector powered by Altium. A revolutionary product allows current and future uses of Altium design products to preserve and enhance their investments with the innovative collaboration and data management capabilities found in SOLDWORKS PCB.
Intelligently connected design data between Altium Designer and the SOLIDWORKS mechanical environment opens up new possibilities for design synchronicity. Integrated design data allows your mechanical designer to start a board design in a trusted environment, and opens up a rich source of electronic design data for deeper analysis and discovery options with new simulation options.
"Javelin’s quick response time, sales and technical support are all very good. We implemented SOLIDWORKS in 1998 and to date, remain a satisfied customer"
Brad Toole, Engineering Manager
Breaker Technology Ltd.
"The time we save using SOLIDWORKS and doing our own 3D printing helps us validate designs quickly to meet demanding project deadlines"
Ron Ryan, Fabrication Group Manager
"SOLIDWORKS has definitely brought something different to the Solar Industry. Our U.S. counterparts use 2D, but they will be switching to 3D soon"
Chris White, Design & Technical Manager
“Javelin is an easily accessible reseller who is supportive, knowledgeable and professional. Keep up the Gold Standard level of service.”
Michael Fernando, Tool & Die Designer
Theta Industries Inc.
“SOLIDWORKS is now the de facto standard and Javelin is one of the best SOLIDWORKS resellers. How can you go wrong with a de facto standard on both the reseller and the software?”
John Leavitt, Owner
“Javelin staff and technical support are excellent. They are knowledgeable, helpful and thorough. Technical questions are always answered; either immediately or in a timely manner.”
Christa Carey, Technical Support Manager
“We rely heavily on our software to keep us profitable, and Javelin is always in the background keeping ProVantage running.”
Peter Graham, Engineering Manager
"Javelin does far more than sell software and 3D printers. They provide team support and resources, when there were technical challenges, Javelin stepped up and made it right."
Timm Williams, Partner
"Evolve Design Solutions appreciates the excellent customer service, product knowledge and technical support provided by Javelin, our SOLIDWORKS Value Added Reseller (VAR).”
Aldo Balatti, Principal
Evolve Design Solutions
“Javelin offers the complete package; good products, good service and value for what you need. They’re a great bunch of people who are always willing to help you out.”
Mark McCumber, Senior Designer
F-B Tool & Die Limited
"As far as Javelin goes, they’re really nice guys. Excellent technical support is provided by a consistent group of people. Reasonable, low pressure sales support is also appreciated."
Mike McGuire, President
"I’ve been a believer in SOLIDWORKS PDM since day one because it’s been effective since day one"
Ray Minato, President
Inertia Engineering + Design
"Javelin seems to make an extra effort to ensure that the software’s capabilities are being maximized to benefit the customer.”
Darryl Turrie, Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited
"Javelin employees are friendly, knowledgeable and quick to respond with effective solutions, and ZEC Wind Power is very pleased to be affiliated with this company."
Michelle El-Hage, Designer
ZEC Wind Power
SOLIDWORKS Services included
Improve your performance and productivity with Javelin services
With SOLIDWORKS Subscription Service, you have access to extensive help from our SOLIDWORKS experts. Which will enhance your software investment and guide you through development challenges.
- Live Technical Support from our certified support team.
- Remote Support to solve your technical issue right on your machine.
- Regular Communication of software updates and technical tips and tricks.
Upgrades & Resources
Enjoy the latest version of your software and direct access to a comprehensive library of drawings, parts, assemblies, and features contributed by users around the globe.
- Automatic Upgrades to the most Up-to-date Version of your SOLIDWORKS software.
- FREE access to the SOLIDWORKS Customer Portal for Macros, Documentation, and the ability to submit Enhancement Requests.
- Full access to the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base for Articles, Tech Tips, and Best Practices.
Online Training & Certification
A MySolidWorks online account is included with your subscription service where you can get answers, stay current, and sharpen your design skills with online training:
- Your MySolidWorks Standard Account includes 600+ online tutorial videos.
- FREE access to SOLIDWORKS testing and certification to help you become a Certified SOLIDWORKS Associate (CSWA) or Professional (CSWP).
Find out the Cost
Get Canadian pricing for SOLIDWORKS software