The Standard in 3D CAD Software
SOLIDWORKS® Standard delivers robust 3D design capabilities, performance, and ease-of-use. Not only can you create fully detailed parts, assemblies, and production-level drawings, but you can access all the tools required to generate complex surfaces, sheet metal flat patterns, and structural welded assemblies. SOLIDWORKS Standard also includes wizards to automate designs, perform stress analysis, and determine the environmental impact of components.
Discover increased design productivity with SOLIDWORKS Standard.
Straightforward 3D CAD software, offering unmatched 3D design capabilities, performance, and ease-of-use.
3D Solid Modeling
Accelerate your design, increase productivity, and reduce cost with 3D solid modeling with lifelike visualization and virtual testing before manufacturing.
Large Assembly Design
Simplify design of large assemblies with easy-to-use tools to create, manage, and visualize large and complex designs that can contain more than 100,000 parts.
3D Animations and Basic Rendering
Quickly and easily create powerful images and animations to communicate your design intent and functionality.
Verify operation and performance while creating your design with fully integrated wizard driven simulation and analysis tools.
Verify that your parts and assemblies will fit, assemble, and operate correctly
Create production-ready 2D drawings that communicate how your design should be manufactured and assembled.
Sheet Metal Design
Quickly and cost-effectively create a wide range of sheet metal part designs using a wide range of flexible tools to meet your specific needs.
Quickly create designs that have extrusions and easily generate cut lists and bills of materials to streamline design and manufacturing of welded structures, frames, and bases.
Simplify mold design with fully integrated product design, mold design, and validation that updates all part files automatically to enable changes right up to final manufacturing.
CAD Import and Export
Accelerate design, save time and development costs, and increase productivity by converting CAD data into a format that meets your design needs.
SOLIDWORKS Case Studies
Click on the images below to learn how designers use SOLIDWORKS
SOLIDWORKS Standard Features & Benefits
The essential tools you need are included with the Standard version
3D Parts, Assemblies & 2D Drawings
Handle all aspects of your part and assembly modeling and create 2D production drawings with SOLIDWORKS Standard:
- 3D solid modeling – Turn ideas and concepts into virtual 3D models
- Assembly Structure Planning (SOLIDWORKS Treehouse) – Quickly lay out your design assembly structure and then export to SOLIDWORKS to automatically create your CAD files.
- 2D Drawings – Create production-ready 2D drawings that communicate how your design should be manufactured and assembled
Visualization & Animation
SOLIDWORKS Standard Motion Manager software enables you to quickly and easily create powerful images and animations to clearly communicate your design intent:
- Rendering — Create basic rendered images and animations quickly, without being a graphics expert.
- Walk-through/Fly-through — Take a virtual tour of your design or record a video to help explain it to others.
- CAD Animation — Demonstrate your design’s basic operation by applying motion, gravity, and component contact or by manually moving components. Then, record and save a video.
Check your design and verify manufacturability of your product early in the development process, saving time and development costs, improving productivity, and accelerating your time-to-market.
- DFMXpress — Compare your design to standardized manufacturing rules to assess if your design can be produced
- Compare parts and drawings for changes —Automatically compare designs to instantly understand differences
- CAD Check for Parts and Tooling —Quickly understand if your parts can be easily removed from mold, cast, or form tooling
- Sheet metal bending and flat pattern —Easily assess if your sheet metal parts can be developed from flat stock
Reuse Parts & Configure
Quickly and easily leverage existing engineering data to create new designs and speed up new product development using SOLIDWORKS Standard software. SOLIDWORKS design reuse and automation tools include:
- CAD Search — Find items quickly in complex designs
- Design automation — Streamline creation of similar parts
- Parts and Assembly Configuration — Generate simple, complex, or similar versions of your design
"Javelin’s quick response time, sales and technical support are all very good. We implemented SOLIDWORKS in 1998 and to date, remain a satisfied customer"
Brad Toole, Engineering Manager
Breaker Technology Ltd.
"The time we save using SOLIDWORKS and doing our own 3D printing helps us validate designs quickly to meet demanding project deadlines"
Ron Ryan, Fabrication Group Manager
"SOLIDWORKS has definitely brought something different to the Solar Industry. Our U.S. counterparts use 2D, but they will be switching to 3D soon"
Chris White, Design & Technical Manager
“Javelin is an easily accessible reseller who is supportive, knowledgeable and professional. Keep up the Gold Standard level of service.”
Michael Fernando, Tool & Die Designer
Theta Industries Inc.
“SOLIDWORKS is now the de facto standard and Javelin is one of the best SOLIDWORKS resellers. How can you go wrong with a de facto standard on both the reseller and the software?”
John Leavitt, Owner
“Javelin staff and technical support are excellent. They are knowledgeable, helpful and thorough. Technical questions are always answered; either immediately or in a timely manner.”
Christa Carey, Technical Support Manager
“We rely heavily on our software to keep us profitable, and Javelin is always in the background keeping ProVantage running.”
Peter Graham, Engineering Manager
"Javelin does far more than sell software and 3D printers. They provide team support and resources, when there were technical challenges, Javelin stepped up and made it right."
Timm Williams, Partner
"Evolve Design Solutions appreciates the excellent customer service, product knowledge and technical support provided by Javelin, our SOLIDWORKS Value Added Reseller (VAR).”
Aldo Balatti, Principal
Evolve Design Solutions
“Javelin offers the complete package; good products, good service and value for what you need. They’re a great bunch of people who are always willing to help you out.”
Mark McCumber, Senior Designer
F-B Tool & Die Limited
"As far as Javelin goes, they’re really nice guys. Excellent technical support is provided by a consistent group of people. Reasonable, low pressure sales support is also appreciated."
Mike McGuire, President
"I’ve been a believer in SOLIDWORKS PDM since day one because it’s been effective since day one"
Ray Minato, President
Inertia Engineering + Design
"Javelin seems to make an extra effort to ensure that the software’s capabilities are being maximized to benefit the customer.”
Darryl Turrie, Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited
"Javelin employees are friendly, knowledgeable and quick to respond with effective solutions, and ZEC Wind Power is very pleased to be affiliated with this company."
Michelle El-Hage, Designer
ZEC Wind Power
SOLIDWORKS Services included
Improve your performance and productivity with Javelin services
With SOLIDWORKS Subscription Service, you have access to extensive help from our SOLIDWORKS experts. Which will enhance your software investment and guide you through development challenges.
- Live Technical Support from our certified support team.
- Remote Support to solve your technical issue right on your machine.
- Regular Communication of software updates and technical tips and tricks.
Upgrades & Resources
Enjoy the latest version of your software and direct access to a comprehensive library of drawings, parts, assemblies, and features contributed by users around the globe.
- Automatic Upgrades to the most Up-to-date Version of your SOLIDWORKS software.
- FREE access to the SOLIDWORKS Customer Portal for Macros, Documentation, and the ability to submit Enhancement Requests.
- Full access to the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base for Articles, Tech Tips, and Best Practices.
Online Training & Certification
A MySolidWorks online account is included with your subscription service where you can get answers, stay current, and sharpen your design skills with online training:
- MySolidWorks Standard Account includes 600+ online tutorial videos.
- FREE access to SOLIDWORKS testing and certification to help you become a Certified SOLIDWORKS Associate (CSWA) or Professional (CSWP).
Find out the Cost
Get Canadian pricing for SOLIDWORKS software