On Thursday, April 16, 2020, SOLIDWORKS is hosting a virtual SWUGN (SOLIDWORKS User Group Network) meeting to uncover some hidden features in SOLIDWORKS Simulation and SOLIDWORKS Flow Simulation.
Featured Virtual SWUGN Presentation
SOLIDWORKS Simulation (FEA) & SOLIDWORKS Flow Simulation (CFD) Tips & Tricks
Presenters: Omar Zohni & Ramesh Lakshmipathy; DS SOLIDWORKS
Join us as we uncover some hidden features in SOLIDWORKS Simulation & SOLIDWORKS Flow Simulation tools we’re sure will boost your productivity!
Top New Features in SOLIDWORKS Simulation 2020
Accelerated Simulation Calculations
- Combine linear elements for faster solution and quadratic elements for higher accuracy in the same simulation study.
- Validate designs more quickly while still capturing accurate results for critical components.
- Check for common errors in simulation, such as result location, material, and mesh volume.
- Be confident that you have the correct simulation setup and results.
Distributed Coupling for Pins and Bolts
- Allow faces attached to Pin and Bolt connectors to deform.
- Achieve a more realistic representation of a connector’s behaviour.
Thermal Loads for Beams
- Import temperatures from thermal analysis on models with beams as load to perform stress analysis.
- Save a substantial amount of time and computer resources by using beams instead of shells and solids.
Free-Body Forces for Nonlinear Studies
- Now you can calculate free-body forces for contact, external loads, restraints, and more in nonlinear studies.
- Help users quickly obtain results such as Reaction Forces.
- Display as a graph the amount of heat transferred from one component to another by conduction.
- Easily explore the heat path and understand your thermal design.
What is a SOLIDWORKS User Group Network (SWUGN)?
The SOLIDWORKS User Group Network (SWUGN) meeting is for users to share experience and solve problems with design in SOLIDWORKS. The group meetings provide an opportunity to expand members’ knowledge of SOLIDWORKS features and how they are applied in the design process. You don’t have to be an expert to attend. The SWUGN is a complimentary seminar and is open to all SOLIDWORKS enthusiasts! This particular session will delve deeper into API and surfacing topics.
Register for the complete Virtual SWUGN series
SOLIDWORKS has announced a complete series of virtual SWUGN meetings from March to May. We invite you to join us for any (or all) of the upcoming events: https://www.swugn.org/swugn/events.htm
Date and Time
Thursday, April 16, 2020
6:00 PM - 7:00 PM EDT
Find more resources for topic:
Can't find the event you are looking for? Watch one of our on-demand webinars: