Affordable Metal Powder 3D Printing
Produce highly dense components and reduce your total build cycle time by 50%
The Xact Metal XM200G makes quality metal powder-bed fusion 3D printing available to universities, labs and small-to-medium businesses that need prototyping and tooling.
Xact Metal 3D printers combine the critical additive manufacturing specifications of metal powder-bed fusion (SLM/DMLS) with cutting-edge technology to offer uncompromised as-printed part quality at an affordable price.
The XM200G printer family meets the specification demands of high-performance use cases in manufacturing, research & development and other applications where print speed, part quality, and affordable price is essential.
XM200G Key Features
Performance Metal Powder-Bed Fusion 3D Printing
Large build volume, 150 x 150 x 150 mm (5.9 x 5.9 x 5.9 in), allows you to print multiple parts more efficiently and quickly.
Patent-pending Xact Core™ high-speed scanner fuses at speeds up to 500 mm/sec. The beam is constantly orthogonal across the entire powder bed surface, which produces consistent fusing properties throughout the complete build area.
Build chamber is easy to set up, quick to purge and simple to clean and maintain.
XM200G - Single 100W, 200W, or 400W Yb fiber laser
XM200G2 - Dual 100W, 200W, or 400W Yb fiber lasers
Small printer footprint, approx. 650 x 780 x 1,930 mm³ - W x D x H (25.6 x 30.7 x 76 in³), makes it easier to include additive manufacturing in your factory, lab or facility.
Selective Laser Melting Machine data and powder options
Selective Laser Melting Machine Data
- Single or Dual laser
- Overlapping dual-laser work-areas
- High-speed galvanometer with
- water-cooled performance option
- Premium F-theta lens for optimized micron consistency across scan field
- Large build volume
- Small footprint
- Modern software architecture
- Open material platform
- Integrated powder handling
- Build Volume: 150 x 150 x 150 mm (5.9 x 5.9 x 5.9 in)
- Laser Type:
- XM200G: Single 100W, 200W, or 400W Yb fiber laser
- XM200G2: Dual 100W, 200W, or 400W Yb fiber lasers
- Build Speed:
- XM200G: ~6 to 9 cc/hr
- XM200G2: ~12 to 16 cc/hr
- Jogging Speed: Up to 20.7 m/sec (Standard galvo), 34.6 m/sec (Performance galvo)
- Precision Optics Spot Size: 50 or 100 μm
- Layer Thickness: 20 up to 100 μm
- Glovebox Available
- User Interface: 18.5” intuitive user-friendly touch screen
- Electrical: Power Supply 100-120/200-240 VAC Single Phase, 50/60 Hz 1.5 kW, 2.0 kW Peak
- Exterior Dimensions: 650 x 780 x 1,930 mm3 - W x D x H (25.6 x 30.7 x 76 in3)
- XM200G: ~380 kgs (~840 lbs)
- XM200G2: ~425 kgs (~940 lbs)
Powder / Material Options
IRON METAL POWDERS
- 17-4 PH
- 400 Series
- Maraging M300
COBALT METAL POWDERS
- Cobalt Chrome F75
NICKEL METAL POWDERS
- Hastelloy® X
- Bronze C18150
TITANIUM METAL POWDERS
- Titanium Ti64 Industrial Grade
- Titanium Ti64 Medical Grade
Metal Powder Bed Fusion Build Process
6 step process to go from CAD to physical part
Step 1: POWDER FEED
Feed cylinder increments up placing powder in front of the recoater.
Step 2: ADDING POWDER LAYER
Recoater moves across the feed cylinder delivering powder to the build cylinder.
Step 3: FUSION
Laser fuses the cross section of the part.
Step 4: BUILD CYLINDER
Build cylinder increments down one thickness layer.
Step 5: COMPLETNG THE BUILD
The process is repeated until the volume of the part is fully built.
Step 6: BUILD PLATE AND PART REMOVAL
The build cylinder raises up and the build plate is removed.
The Latest Metal 3D Printing Technology
Innovative Printing Technology
Making quality metal printing accessible requires innovation. Xact Metal’s printing technology is built on the patent-pending Xact Core, a high-speed gantry system platform that allows light, simple mirrors to move quickly and consistently above the powder bed on an X-Y axis.
- Avoids the use of complex rotating galvanometer mirrors and F-theta lenses
- Maintains a constant laser angle across the whole build plate
- A simplified gas flow over the powder bed due to the smaller build chamber
Recoater performance can directly affect the quality of your build. Our patented recoater design offers a variety of benefits.
- Unique “bulb” shape of the recoating element spreads powder like a blade, yet provides compaction similar to a rolling element
- Compliant design allows the recoater to negotiate out-of-plane growth and continue printing
- Mounting the recoater to the machine lid allows the entire recoating mechanism to be removed from the build chamber
- Easy access to the build chamber allows for simple recoater replacement and adjustments
The modern, interactive graphic user interface (GUI) for the Xact Metal printers makes loading files, setting up builds and monitoring the build process quick and easy.
- Home screen displays real-time build monitoring with two cameras
- Chamber setup screen allows customer to optimize print parameters
- Build queue screen provides a description of all builds to be printed
- Monitoring screen shows behavior of important parameters such as bed temperature, chamber temperature and pressure and oxygen percentage
3D Printer Services
3D Printing Productivity and maintenance with Javelin services
With our 3D Printer Subscription Service, you have access to extensive help from our 3D Printing experts. Which will enhance your hardware investment and guide you through development challenges.
- Live Technical Support from our certified support team.
- Onsite Support to solve your technical issue right on your machine.
- Regular Communication of 3D printer software updates and technical tips and tricks.
Learn about our 3D Printer Subscription Service »
Maintenance & Materials
When you purchase a new 3D printer from Javelin, our service contracts give you predictable maintenance costs and simplified purchasing cycles for spare parts, service and consumables/material.
- Annual onsite service of your machine
- Get replacement 3D printer materials and parts directly from us
Exclusive pricing for Education
Contact us to learn more about educational pricing and maintenance contracts for educational institutions.
3D Printer Training
Our exclusive 3D Printing training and mentoring will show you how to optimize and 3D Print your 3D models more cost effectively to become an Additive Manufacturing expert:
- Learn how to print Your 3D designs with confidence
- Understand 3D printing technology and material usage
- Reduce your 3D printing time and costs
Is the Xact Metal XM200G right for you?
Call us free at 1-877-219-6757 and get your questions answered