If you are experiencing difficulties installing PropertyLinks or PropertyLinksXpress, here are some guidelines to ensure a clean installation.
1) Disable your User Account Control (UAC)
- Start > Control Panel > User Accounts > Change User Account Control settings
2) Uninstall PropertyLinks through Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features
3) Search for any remains of PropertyLinks in the Registry Editor
- Start > Run > type regedit > click OK
- In the left pane, drill down through the folders: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > SolidWorks > AddIns
- Search for the following keys, right-click the key and select “Export” to save a backup
- Once saved, right-click on the key and select Delete
4) Restart your computer
5) Stop any Antivirus or Anti-spyware software
- Start > Run > type services.msc > click OK
- Browse through the list of services, right-click any instances of your antivirus or anti-spyware and select Stop
6) With SolidWorks closed, UAC shutoff, and antivirus software stopped, run Setup.exe from the PropertyLinks installation folder.
7) IMPORTANT: Be sure to also run “x64 PropertyLinks Registry.bat.” by right clicking on the file and selecting “Run as administrator”,
8) Open SolidWorks, go to Tools > Add-Ins. Deselect all add-ins and only turn on PropertyLinks. If PropertyLinks is working correctly, turn on all other add-ins and test again. Some add-ins are known to conflict with PropertyLinks.
Download FREE PropertyLinksXpress
Are you looking for a copy of the PropertyLinksXpress Add-in product designed by Javelin for SolidWorks custom property insertion automation and management, you can download it from here.