If you experience a blank SOLIDWORKS Installation Manager window while attempting to install your software this may be caused by either your local firewall blocking HTML files from rendering on screen or your Internet Browser settings.
Solution #1: Unblock HTML
After unzipping the SOLIDWORKS Installation Manager files you downloaded from solidworks.com you may need to unblock HTML files:
- Browse to the downloaded installation file location <downloads>\sldim\lang\english\HTML\
- Right-click on the frameset.html and select properties from the shortcut menu
- If an Unblock button is present in the properties dialog then select it.
- Repeat this process for other HTML files in the folder if they are blocked
- Re-launch the SOLIDWORKS Installation Manager process
Solution #2: Reset Internet Browser
Try resetting your Internet Browser options to default, close the browser and re-launch the SOLIDWORKS Installation Manager.
This could also be caused by a Microsoft Internet Explorer security update mentioned at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/967941. Try uninstalling through Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features > View installed updates. Uninstall KB967941 if possible and follow Workaround Method 4 from the web page.