My name is Martyna and I’m the new marketing intern at Javelin. I’ll be blogging every other week – keeping you lovely people updated about what’s going on at Javelin!
A short blurb about me:
I went to school for Early Childhood Education, and got tired of changing diapers and putting kids shoes on (only to have them kick them off). So, I decided to pursue a psych degree. During my second year I thought to myself, ‘hey, I want to open up a business’. So I went to Sheridan to get a general business certificate. After taking some marketing courses during the program I decided that marketing was something I was interested in. I applied for the marketing co-op program and ta-da! Here I am at Javelin for my very first work term!
- Facebook – the goal is to make the Javelin Facebook page a fun place for engineers – and future engineers- to connect, gain valuable information and share whatever they’re working on.
- National Engineering Month – Javelin will be a Silver level sponsor for National Engineering Month (March). We’re working on getting connected with students and becoming a valuable resource for them at every stage of their learning process. Javelin will be attending many events as well as hosting our own at the office so stay tuned!
9 Things I learned in 9 days at Javelin
(I’m a fast learner, I know)
- If your boss tells you to dress up like a cowboy – he means it
- Engineers aren’t dorky (at least not all of them)
- Don’t hit the snooze more than 7 times – you’ll be late
- Starting something new is scary, but without facing scary things we’d never accomplish anything!
- You should work at a place with good a coffee machine – I’m saving like $6 a day by not going to Starbucks – score!
- Traffic sucks!
- I already appreciate the workplace related jokes on Failblog.com (check it out it’s hilarious) http://work.failblog.org/
- Working in a beautifully designed office is great! And can’t forget the little things i.e kudos to the nice smelling lotions in the woman’s washroom and the snack cabinet!
- ….seriously why so much traffic?
Our Facebook page: http://www.javelin-tech.com/facebook
National Engineering Month: http://www.nem-mng.ca/NEM/home.html
Certified SOLIDWORKS Services available from Javelin
Javelin can help you to: