Many of our new users often are not sure where to begin their first time when working with SolidWorks Electrical.
The most obvious of the transition process is to setup your Title Block & Working Template.
I’ve listed a few steps that will help with this setup:
1) Open a new project
2) Import your existing DWG Title block. Go to Library>Title Block Manager> Import DWG
This way you can directly import an existing Title block and begin working.
3) The Project settings can be set under. Go to Project>Configurations>Project Settings
Features such as Language, Fonts, Formulas etc. can be setup at this point.
4) Grid Settings can be set by going to View> Drawing Options> Parameters
5) Once all of this has been set for a blank project,
Close the Template Project
Go to File>Project Manager
Select The Template project from the displayed list in the Project Manager & Save as Template.
6) Exit SW Electrical and now when you open a new project, you should see the option of your recently created Template.
Get Certified SOLIDWORKS Electrical Services
Our Certified Electrical Experts can help you to: