SOLIDWORKS PDM Professional is capable of copying values from a part or assembly card and writing them to a Drawing card. The setup to do this is actually quite easy.
To set up this link do the following:
- Open the drawing card in the card editor
- Select the control with the variable you want to modify and click variables
- Add a new block attribute block named $PRPSHEET (all uppercase)
- Set the attribute name to be the same as the block attribute for the part/assembly custom property (number)
- Set the extensions to slddrw
To test this link:
- Open a part with the custom property added (123456789 in this example)
- Create a new drawing and save it (it should have the same property)
- Change the property in the part and check it in
- Return to the drawing and the card will be updated
Want to do more with SOLIDWORKS PDM?
Our Certified SOLIDWORKS PDM Experts can help you to: