SOLIDWORKS PDM Local files and folders can be created in a number of ways:
- If a file is saved to the local vault view while working off-line, it is not added to the vault and will only visible on the computer in which it was created and by the user who created it.
- By comparison these files will appear in a faded colour as shown:
Local files cannot be checked in, nor will other users be able to see the local files.
- If the folder or file is moved, deleted, renamed on a different client, you may have a left over locally cached copy. Clearing the local cache should resolve this issue. Clear Local Cache is available from Tools pull-down in the Local Vault View.
- If the currently logged-in user lacks permission to see the folder/file, and a user with permissions, previously cached the file to the Local Vault View.
- If user setting “Show only local files” is enabled. Please refer to my Grey Folders and Files in the local Vault View article
Want to do more with SOLIDWORKS PDM?
Our Certified SOLIDWORKS PDM Experts can help you to: