On Thursday, December 8, 2016 Javelin is co-sponsoring the first Eastern Ontario SOLIDWORKS User Group Network Meeting. The mandate of the SOLIDWORKS User Group Network (SWUGN) is to provide an independent forum for local SOLIDWORKS users to discuss the software and exchange information freely. You don’t have to be an expert to attend. The SWUGN is open to all SOLIDWORKS enthusiasts!
There will be a number of technical presentations at the Eastern Ontario SOLIDWORKS User Group Meeting, as well as snacks provided, all free of charge!
Date and Location
- When: Thursday, December 8, 2016
- Time: 6:00 PM – 8:30 PM
- Where: SUPER 8 Peterborough, 1257 Lansdowne St. W. , Peterborough, ON., K9J 7M2
- 6:00 PM – 6:45 PM: Light Dinner and Networking
- 6:45 PM – 7:15 PM: “What is a user group”, presented by Chris White SOLIDWORKS Canadian SWUGN Representative
- Chris will discuss what is a user group is and talk about the benefits of joining a group. Also we will have a group discussion on how everyone uses SolidWorks and what local users would like to get out of the group.
- 7:15 PM – 8:15 PM: Multibodies and Boolean Operations Power-User Techniques, presented by Alin Vargatu, Javelin Technologies, Elite Problem Hunter
- Description: SOLIDWORKS has introduced new and very efficient tools for creating and managing multibody parts. We can even call them game changers. Once mastered, these Boolean techniques will open up surprising possibilities for saving time, taking shortcuts and finding new solutions to old design problems.
- Overview: Attendees will learn how to use the latest multibody tools and techniques in SOLIDWORKS. Depending on the challenges they are facing in any given project these tools will save the day (provide unique solutions to “impossible problems”) or, at the very least, will save a tremendous amount of time; sometimes as much as 90% compared to traditional workflows. The new multibody tools introduced in the last three releases of SOLIDWORKS are absolutely revolutionary, but very few people are aware of their existence and even fewer know how to use them effectively. The whole presentation is based on spectacular real-life case studies, where Boolean operations proved to be the only solutions for the problem, or provided unexpected shortcuts which increased the modeling productivity by a factor of 10 or more. There is a new design optimization case study that will surprise everybody. I will not just deliver a rich collection of original tips and tricks, but I will also dig deep inside the internal workings of SOLIDWORKS, exposing not only the HOW (… to solve the problem) but also the WHY (… the software works that way).
- Attendee Benefits: Based on real life case studies, this presentation will enable attendees to think outside the box and save design time while modeling in SOLIDWORKS 2017. Learn how to re-use existing geometry in order to perform complex design changes with minimal effort, with no errors in the feature tree.
- 8:15 PM – 8:30 PM: Q & A, Draw prizes, wrap up, next meeting date
If you are interested in attending this SOLIDWORKS User Group Network please RSVP for the December 8th meeting.
Get Certified SOLIDWORKS Services from Javelin
Javelin Experts can help you to: