Our customer Wilfred Doll from Horst Welding has found a workaround to export SOLIDWORKS Composer ribbon settings (limitation reported in SPR 653306: Create a wizard which can be used to copy registry settings, application preferences, default document properties, styles, profiles, UI customization).
Ribbon export workaround:
I was able to export my ribbon settings from SOLIDWORKS Composer build 7.4 to build 7.5 by exporting and editing a registry key.
Note: in my case I still had the previous version of SOLIDWORKS Composer installed (build 7.4). I can’t be sure that the keys will exist if the previous version is uninstalled.
Follow this procedure:
- Close any SOLIDWORKS Composer windows
- Backup the registry
- In the Registry Editor select the following key:
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Dassault Systemes\Composer\MVP\SOLIDWORKS Composer\7.4\GuiSettingsRibbonENU\BCGRibbonBar-59398
(The QuickAccessToolbarCommands value in hexadecimal format holds the ribbon settings)
- Export the key to a local drive (eg. Desktop)
- Open the exported registry file in Notepad or WordPad
- At the top of the page you’ll see what appears to be the path encased in square brackets. Find the previous build number, 4, in the path and edit it to the new build number, 7.5:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Dassault Systemes\Composer\MVP\SOLIDWORKS Composer\7.5\GuiSettingsRibbonENU\BCGRibbonBar-59398]
- Save and close the file
- Double click on the modified registry file to apply it to the registry
- Select ‘yes’ when a messages comes up asking if you would like to continue
- Restart the computer
- Launch SOLIDWORKS Composer and voilà! Instant ribbon, just the way you had in your previous version.
This process should work from build to build, substituting the appropriate build numbers.