DraftSight packaging and licensing has changed for the 2019 release. The biggest change is the fact that DraftSight Standard will no longer be available as a free version, instead there will be a charge of US$99 annually for the software which you can purchase directly from the DraftSight Online Store »
What happens to installations of the DraftSight free version?
If you are currently using the free version of DraftSight, you may continue to use DraftSight 2018 or previous versions until December 31, 2019. You may reactivate your free version once more after the launch of DraftSight 2019. All free versions of DraftSight will cease to run after December 31, 2019.
PLEASE NOTE: If you decide to download and install the free 30-day trial of DraftSight 2019 Professional, or if you purchase any version of DraftSight 2019, you will not be able to reinstall any previous free version of DraftSight (2018 or earlier).
What makes DraftSight 2019 different from previous versions?
DraftSight 2019 is the beginning of the next chapter in the journey to develop innovative design solutions for users. DraftSight 2019 gives you the freedom to do more with a 2D drafting and 3D design experience that lets you create, edit, view and markup any kind of 2D and 3D DWG file design. Its familiar user interface facilitates a quick transition from your current CAD application. Learn about the latest release in the video below:
What is the new pricing and packaging?
DraftSight 2019 is available as five different packages. The new packaging is as follows:
- For individuals, students, educators, hobbyists, and others that need a straightforward 2D CAD drafting solution with a familiar user interface.
- New features for 2019 release include: Insert Centerlines, Paste to Active Layer, Discard Duplicate Entities, Quick Modify, and PDF Import
- Exclusively sold on the DraftSight online store as an annual subscription at US$99/year.
- Buy DraftSight Standard Now »
- For professionals and companies that need an advanced 2D CAD drafting solution with powerful, productivity boosting features and API to help bring their designs to life quickly and easily.
- New features for 2019 release include: Using Formulas in Table Cells, Block Attribute Manager, Viewport Layer Freezing, Image Tracer, 3DEXPERIENCE® Marketplace Make Integration, and HomeByMe Integration
- Exclusively sold on the DraftSight online store as an annual subscription at US$199/year.
- Buy DraftSight Professional Now »
- For individuals, designers, makers, manufacturers, professionals, and companies that need a robust 2D drafting and 3D design experience to help meet their needs on drafting, modeling, prototyping, manufacturing, laser cutting and 3D printing.
- It includes all DraftSight Professional features plus a comprehensive set of 3D DWG design and constraint capabilities.
- Exclusively sold on the DraftSight online store as an annual subscription at US$499/year.
- Buy DraftSight Premium Now »
- For large organizations with many users or multiple sites that need an advanced 2D CAD drafting solution with powerful, productivity boosting features and API to help bring their designs to life quickly and easily.
- It includes all DraftSight Premium features, plus full technical support and network licensing to enable concurrent usage across the organization.
- Exclusively sold via your local SOLIDWORKS Reseller as an annual subscription (US$399/year) or a perpetual license (US$499/licence + US$299/maintenance).
- Existing DraftSight Enterprise customers can renew their licenses for the US$299 maintenance price.
- Contact us to purchase DraftSight Enterprise »
DraftSight Enterprise Plus
- For large organizations with many users or multiple sites that need a robust 2D drafting and 3D design experience to help meet their needs on drafting, modeling, prototyping, manufacturing, laser cutting and 3D printing.
- It includes all DraftSight Enterprise features plus a comprehensive set of 3D DWG design and constraint capabilities, full technical support and network licensing to enable concurrent usage across the organization.
- Exclusively sold via Resellers as an annual subscription (US$699) or perpetual license (US$899/license + $499/maintenance).
- Contact us to purchase DraftSight Enterprise Plus »
PLEASE NOTE: DraftSight 2019 Standard, Professional and Premium are only offered as a 12-month subscription (the non-subscription is no longer offered for these products. DraftSight 2019 Enterprise and Enterprise Plus are offered as both subscription and non-subscription).
What’s the activation method for each product?
DraftSight 2019 Standard, Professional and Premium are activated by simply purchasing a serial number online and entering it during installation. Internet connection is required to activate your serial number.
DraftSight 2019 Enterprise and Enterprise Plus are activated by purchasing through your reseller, by choosing an SNL (SOLIDWORKS Network License) or DSLS (Dassault Systèmes License Server) network license.
Is there a charge for additional support?
If you’re a DraftSight 2019 Standard, Professional, or Premium user and would like to purchase additional full technical support, you can purchase DraftSight Prosumer, which includes installation, activation, configuration, and usage support via email and telephone. Here are the buying options:
- 3-Month License: US$99
- 12-Month License: US$315
- Visit www.DraftSight.com/Prosumer to purchase.
Is there a trial version of DraftSight 2019 available?
Yes! A 30-day trial of DraftSight 2019 Professional is available upon installation. Use the form below to download DraftSight 2019 for Windows, then select “Free 30-Day Trial” in the installation window.
What is the feature difference between the packages?
The following table highlights the differences between different packages:
|2D Design Tools |
Create basic elements such as lines, polylines, arcs, circles, ellipses, layers, blocks, and others.
|2D Documentation Tools|
Create basic annotation elements such as notes, dimensions, tables, hatches, clouds, and others.
Offer learning resources and a collaborative environment to interact with your peers, ask questions, and share opinions.
Attach pages of a PDF document to a drawing.
Quickly generate hardware, holes, balloons, Bills of Materials (BOMs), welding and surface finish symbols.
Send a set of drawings and sheets to printers in a batch job.
Compare graphically similar entities between two drawing documents.
|Power Trim |
Trim multiple, adjacent entities by dragging the pointer across each entity.
|G-Code Generator |
Communicate with a CNC machine for fabrication.
|DGN Import |
Directly import and convert the DGN file format drawing into a DraftSight project for direct editing.
|DraftSight APIs |
Allow end users or third-party developers to customize and automate DraftSight.
|Image Tracer |
Convert an imported raster image file (ex. floor plan, logo) into vectorized line entities.
|Using Formulas in Table Cells |
Use formulas in cells with arithmetic operators and the Sum, Average, and Count functions.
|Trimming of Hatches and Gradients |
Trim hatches and gradients with the Trim and PowerTrim commands.
|3D Modeling Tools|
Introduces 3D modeling using basic geometrical shapes (ex. Box, Pyramid) or other methods (ex. Extrude, Revolve) with Boolean operations (ex. Union, Subtract).
Use 2D Constraints to control drawing entities parametrically by specifying geometric and dimensional properties of entities.
Enable concurrent usage and compliance across the organization.
|Deployment Wizard |
Enable large groups of users to install or upgrade DraftSight.
|Technical Support |
Answer questions or troubleshoot issues related to DraftSight.