If you have an active subscription with SOLIDWORKS, you and your team can write free SOLIDWORKS Certification Exams.
SOLIDWORKS Certification is a symbol of ones knowledge, skill, and competency with SOLIDWORKS. So what are the benefits of obtaining a certification?
- Looks good on the resume — Having a SOLIDWORKS certification on your resume is a booster because it represents your knowledge and competency using the software to somebody who hasn’t seen your work.
- Looks good on the company’s resume — There is a boost of confidence in your company knowing that you employees are capable, especially if your business is service based, having a certified staff inspires more confidence from customers and makes your company more competitive.
- Test your skills — Benchmark your abilities with SOLIDWORKS. The certification exams are a perfect measure of your skills and proof that you can use the software competently.
Discover the benefits of SOLIDWORKS Certification in the video below
DS SolidWorks has created a multitude of exams that focus on different areas of its products and in varying difficulties. The catalogue includes:
- Core Mechanical Design CSWA – Certified SOLIDWORKS Associate
- Core Mechanical Design CSWP – Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional
- Core Mechanical Design CSWE – Certified SOLIDWORKS Expert (*not available with free code)
ADVANCED TOPIC EXAMS
- Surfacing (CSWPA-SU)
- Mold Making (CSWPA-MM))
- Sheet Metal (CSWPA-SM)
- Weldments (CSWPA-WD)
- Drawing Tools (CSWPA-DT)
- PDM Professional Administrator (CPPA)
- Simulation Associate (CSWA-Simulation)
- Simulation Professional (CSWP-Simulation)
- Electrical (CSWA-E)
- Additive Manufacturing (CSWA-AM)
- Sustainability (CSWA-Sustainability)
- Model Based Design (CSWP-MBD)
For detailed descriptions and access to sample exams, browse the SOLIDWORKS Certification Catalog.
Active Subscription customers have access to free exams:
One free core Mechanical Design (CSWA or CSWP), one free advanced topic (CSWPA) and one free specialty topic exam voucher can be received for each seat of SOLIDWORKS on Subscription Service. The CSWE exam is not included in the list of FREE exams.
If an asterisk (*) is shown beside an exam, this indicates you have already obtained the certification. However you can still obtain vouchers for the exam to pass along to another user to write.
The redemption process can be completed twice in a calendar year, once in the January 1 through June 30 timeframe, and then again in the July 1 through December 31 timeframe. When the redemption is completed, the vouchers obtained are valid for 180 days from the date they were obtained. The vouchers are not tied to a specific user so they can be shared with others.
NOTE: This code is only for commercial customers and cannot be used to redeem education certifications. For more information on how to receive free exams for educational licenses, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: If you are using a network license set up, then you will be able to complete the redemption process equal to the number of seats of SOLIDWORKS you have on subscription. However, each redemption will need to be completed by a different user with a different SOLIDWORKS ID. Network License users are encouraged to manage their connected SOLIDWORKS accounts via the SOLIDWORKS Admin Portal.
Get Your Free SOLIDWORKS Certification Exam Codes
During the process, you will need a VirtualTester Account and SOLIDWORKS ID.
- Browse to the 3DEXPERIENCE Certification Center
- Click the Login button on the top right corner
- Enter your VirtualTester account credentials. If you don’t already have an account, click ‘Create Account’. This is a different account than your SOLIDWORKS ID.
- Click on the Redemption tab ($) found along the left hand navigation pane
- Follow the prompts to receive your voucher codes. It will require logging in with your SOLIDWORKS ID account. Click here to find out how to create a SOLIDWORKS ID. You may also need to register your serial number through the Customer Portal using your same SOLIDWORKS ID credentials. Click here to find out how to register your account.
Please note that you do not need to take a screenshot or remember your voucher code. Any time you log into the 3DEXPERIENCE Certification Center and open the Redemption tab ($), your active vouchers will be listed until they are used.
Getting Ready for the Exam
On the 3DEXPERIENCE Certification Center home page, follow the steps on how to take an exam. It will require downloading a TesterPRO Client application which is used to write the exam.
You will log in with your VirtualTester account to see the list of available exams. Select the SOLIDWORKS brand for exams and enter your Voucher code. Available exams with unlocked with your Voucher code will show a ‘Start Exam’ button.
Sample exams are available for several topics in the SOLIDWORKS Certification Catalog in PDF form. For example there is a link for ‘Sample CSWP Exam’ when you select CSWP – Mechanical Design.
You can also use the TesterPRO application to write some sample exams. When you log into the TesterPRO Client, select the Free Exam options.
Get Certified SOLIDWORKS Services from Javelin
Javelin Experts can help you to: