If you experience a blank SOLIDWORKS Installation Manager window while attempting to install your software this may be caused by either your local firewall blocking HTML files from rendering on screen or your Internet Browser settings.
Solution #1: Unblock HTML files
After unzipping the SOLIDWORKS Installation Manager files you downloaded from solidworks.com you may need to unblock HTML files:
- Browse to the downloaded installation file location <downloads>\sldim\lang\english\HTML
- Right-click on frameset.html and select properties from the shortcut menu
- If there is an ‘Unblock’ checkbox, select this checkbox and click Apply
- Repeat this process for all HTML files in the folder if they are blocked (framesetstartup.html, header.html, navpanestartup.html)
- Re-launch the SOLIDWORKS Installation Manager process
Solution #2: Use other extraction tools
If your installation files are in a compressed ZIP file that requires extraction, some applications can cause blocked files. Using third-party extraction utilities like 7-ZIP can increase the likelihood of success.
Solution #3: Reset Internet Browser
Try resetting your Internet Browser settings to default, close the browser and re-launch the SOLIDWORKS Installation Manager.