The 3DEXPERIENCE WORKS portfolio includes 50+ roles across multiple domains to give SOLIDWORKS users access to all the tools they need to be successful. All the roles come with named user licensing which means the license is no longer tied to a machine but assigned to a user. A license is assigned when an administrator grants a role to you. A role determines the 3DEXPERIENCE services and apps that you are entitled to use.
Benefits of Named User Licensing
- Easily work on any device: Named User Licensing gives users the flexibility to install and use all the SOLIDWORKS applications they are entitled to on multiple devices (e.g. on a work computer or at home, on laptops, tablets and phones) with their 3DEXPERIENCE ID. Users can easily request an App from the administrator.
- No serial number to remember: Your named user license does not require a serial number. Users no longer need to activate or deactivate their licenses to move from machine to machine or track hard-to-remember serial numbers from traditional desktop installations. Just login to the platform through a browser with your password.
- Easier to administrate: Named user licensing simplifies license management and monitoring for both users and administrators. The licensing is managed and assigned directly on the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform. The admin assumes a platform administrator role and gets their own dashboard to manage users and understand license usage and consumption. The admin can perform administrative tasks (e.g. define user groups, access rules, map CAD parameters, set communities etc.).
- No need for a license server: With SolidNetWork Licensing or SNL you need to have a dedicated license server machine to issue licenses to users. But with the Named User License users log into the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform online to access their license. This makes licensing easier to manage as you will not need to maintain a server machine.
- Personalized license and availability of apps: The named user license provides the applications that a user needs for their role in the business. With a SOLIDWORKS SolidNetWork License set-up you are typically sharing licenses between users and depending on who logs if first the license may not be available for the user. Plus the applications they need may not be installed on their machine unlike the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform has the application already available online for the user to use.
Are you interested in switching to named user licensing?
Discover SOLIDWORKS & 3DEXPERIENCE Works
Learn more about SOLIDWORKS cloud-based collaboration: