SOLIDWORKS 2022 has been revealed and at the annual live streaming event hosted by Dassault Systèmes, we got the first public look at the significant enhancements that have been introduced in this upgrade. Among them are evolutions in assembly performance, graphics responsiveness, drawing detailing and new design capabilities that allow more flexibility and faster workflows.
As always, there is a lot to unpack and understand and we’re here to help! If you missed the live presentation from DS SOLIDWORKS, we have our review video below along with a list of the key feature enhancements, so that you can get up to date quickly!
What’s New in SOLIDWORKS 2022 Key Feature List
- SOLIDWORKS User Experience — SOLIDWORKS 2022 continues to refine your experience with delighters such as the new Command Search in Shortcut Bar. Enhancements to section view, reference geometry display, Selection Sets, and redesigned notifications will bring you a cleaner and more efficient interface.
- SOLIDWORKS Parts — Combine the advantages of mesh data with the accuracy of parametric features with enhancements to hybrid part modeling. Create the geometry you want faster with the external threaded stud feature, bi-directional draft, and mirroring about two planes. Enhancements to Structure Systems allow you to generate weldments more rapidly.
- SOLIDWORKS Assemblies — Assembly performance has never been better, and SOLIDWORKS 2022 introduces simplified approaches to working with lightweight modes. Pattern-driven patterns are enhanced to give you more flexibility. A new Configuration Table enables you to do more with your design without leaving SOLIDWORKS.
- SOLIDWORKS Drawings — A redesigned Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing interface lets you work faster and more intuitively. You can open any drawing in Detailing mode directly from your Large Design Review assembly. Weldment cut lists are now available directly in your Bill of Material.
- SOLIDWORKS Import — Open DXF or DWG files into a part sketch and import even the largest STEP files more quickly. Enhanced filtering when importing IFC files allows you to bring in only what you need.
- SOLIDWORKS Visualize — Improvements to Animation such as multiple camera tracks, grouping and re-ordering, and camera path give you highly requested capabilities to bring your products to life. With new Instancing, you have more freedom to create and control patterns. Enhance realism with the new Shadow Catcher feature.
- SOLIDWORKS Inspection – Inspection 2022 gives you native support for SOLIDWORKS Assemblies and Drawings, which drastically improves workflows. API support in the Inspection add-in expands your ability to automate documentation processes.
- SOLIDWORKS Graphics — SOLIDWORKS 2022 takes another step in refining its graphics architecture to make your experience smoother. Redesigned Cosmetic Threads allow you to clearly visualize your design.
- SOLIDWORKS Simulation — Use the new Linkage Rod connector to represent a wider variety of physical components. Save time preparing your model with enhanced meshing and contact definition. Solve studies faster with parallel processing enhancements and automatic solver selection.
- SOLIDWORKS Flow Simulation — Save time loading exactly the results display you want with the new Scene Plot. Locate critical results in your design with the new Merged Plots, which allow you to clearly see differences between studies at a glance.
- SOLIDWORKS Plastics — Get optimal results faster with the Injection Location Adviser. Expanded runner shapes allow you to create more real-world studies. With enhancements to Symmetry, you can represent multi-cavity molds that solve quicker than ever.
- SOLIDWORKS PDM — Save time previewing your SOLIDWORKS files by accessing all eDrawings features from within Windows Explorer. Enhancements to Web2 allow you to view even more 3D formats and data cards directly from a web browser. Improved content readability helps you quickly understand the scope of operations.
- SOLIDWORKS Manage — Share Bill of Material data with external users in an efficient and controlled web link to easily get feedback. Integration with Microsoft Office lets you work more effectively with the most common non-CAD documents. New integration with the SOLIDWORKS Task Pane means you can do more directly in CAD.
- SOLIDWORKS Administration — New administrative image options give you more control over deploying and managing SOLIDWORKS installations. If you’re supporting remote users, the new image types will greatly reduce installation times.
- SOLIDWORKS Routing — SOLIDWORKS 2022 significantly accelerates the routing of 3D wires, cables, and harnesses in your product so you can evaluate more ideas during the design cycle. Refinements to Bend Radius control help you avoid errors. Create more robust routes when combined with SOLIDWORKS Electrical.
- SOLIDWORKS Electrical – Improved performance with large and multi-user Electrical projects will save you time creating, changing, and copying your work. Smart PDF documentation improves the quality of your reports. Enjoy more complete representation and documentation of backshells.
- 3DEXPERIENCE Works Cloud-Based Sculpting – Complement your SOLIDWORKS with 3D Sculptor – a cloud-based subdivision (Sub-D) modeling solution that’s part of 3DEXPERIENCE Works. Create organic shapes and complex surfaces intuitively and quickly. Explore designs using natural push-pull interaction and powerful underlying technology that keeps surface quality high.
- 3DEXPERIENCE Works Cloud Data Management – How do you connect your design, engineering, and business teams together? With 3DEXPERIENCE Works, connecting everyone else to SOLIDWORKS is just a few clicks away. Improve your collaboration, productivity, and innovation with 3DEXPERIENCE Works – it all starts with cloud-based, hassle-free data management.
- 3DEXPERIENCE Works Simulation Without Limits – Powered by SIMULIA, the 3DEXPERIENCE Works simulation tools offer you comprehensive ability to simulate complex physics at scales never before attainable. With structural, fluid flow, plastic injection, and electromagnetic simulations, you are empowered more than ever to design better products and exceed your goals.
Upcoming Tech Talks Event
Become a SOLIDWORKS Expert by watching a LIVE Broadcast in October to learn What’s New in SOLIDWORKS 2022, plus learn about 3D Scanning, and Additive Manufacturing.
Get Certified SOLIDWORKS Services from Javelin
Javelin Experts can help you to: