Included with SOLIDWORKS Standard, Professional, and Premium software are Xpress products, which are essentially abbreviated versions of popular add-in products such as SOLIDWORKS Simulation or DriveWorks.
If you are looking for some quick [FREE] lessons on how to use your Xpress products then you should give MySolidWorks Online Learning a try. Presently MySolidWorks has learning paths (think of these as short introductory courses) for SimulationXpress, FloXpress, and DriveWorksXpress.
Accessing MySolidWorks Xpress Learning Paths/Courses
To access the Xpress product learning paths you need to:
- Go to my.solidworks.com
- In the site navigation bar select Training > Catalog to display all the learning paths and lessons.
- Filter the list in the left-hand column of the page by picking the Learning Paths filter under Learning Type.
- Then select Free as the Access Level and only the free learning paths/courses will be displayed in the right-hand column as shown in the figure below.
- Finally select the Learning Path you want to access e.g. FloXpress
Viewing the Lessons
Once you’ve chosen a learning path/course you then need to add the lessons to your own learning path library.
- MySolidWorks will first determine if you are currently logged into the system. If you are not currently logged in there will be a notification message at the top of the page, pick Log in if you have an account, or pick Join to create a free account and follow the instructions
- After logging in, or if you were logged in already, you then select the Add to My Learning Paths link and the lessons will now be ready to play – by adding learning paths to your own library you can take them at a later time, and keep track of lessons in-progress or completed
- Select the first lesson link in the page, e.g. FloXpress – Solving the Model and Interpreting Results as shown in the figure below
- Then pick the Play Lesson button – Note that there may be different SOLIDWORKS versions of the lesson available, pick the version drop down and choose the version that suits you e.g. 2014
- The lesson video will load and you can pick the Begin Lesson button to get started
What is the format of the lessons?
MySolidWorks lessons often include the following:
- Introduction – A brief overview of the lesson
- Presentation – A video of the lesson
- Exercise – A hands-on exercise simulation (not all lessons have exercises)
- Review – A quiz to test what you learned
Try MySolidWorks Learning
All SOLIDWORKS users have access to 10+ hours of FREE learning, while SOLIDWORKS Subscription Service customers have 30+ hours. Go to My.SolidWorks.com to learn SOLIDWORKS Xpress products.
You can also purchase a professional account which provides access to 100+ hours of online training content plus SOLIDWORKS Certification Prep courses. Learn more about the Professional version of MySolidWorks
Get Certified SOLIDWORKS Services from Javelin
Javelin Experts can help you to: