Get the SOLIDWORKS Services you need directly from Javelin
Customer ISSUES we regularly help with...
- We need help to produce library parts and models for our project.
- We need a SOLIDWORKS programming or automation solution to reduce our repetitive tasks.
- We need to validate a design and require the assistance of an analysis expert to test our model.
- We need advice with configuring and streamlining our design and manufacturing process.
We MODEL your design
Model and Library creation Services
Reduce the workload on your designers and engineers with our model and library creation services
For over 20 years, Javelin has been providing customers with the skills and techniques to build their models better and faster. Now with our new SOLIDWORKS Service offerings we can help you to create the models you need; and empower you with best practices to produce optimized models that load faster and are easier to modify.
Why customers need our help
- We are currently under staffed and need help to complete a project.
- We want to concentrate on generating new work and need help completing an existing project.
- We have fallen behind on a project and need help to speed up our process and output.
- We have taken on a project that we are not experienced with and need mentoring to help us get started.
- We have hundreds or thousands of parts/assemblies that need to be created!
Typical SOLIDWORKS Services
- Assistance with creating complex parts: If you need advice and best practices for creating your parts then we can create master parts and provide mentoring and techniques for making parts with less features that are easier for your team to work with; thus increasing their productivity.
- Creation of a design library for building assemblies: If your assemblies require a lot of standard or manufactured parts then we can help you to create the models so they can be easily added to your assemblies making the assembly process faster for you.
- Optimize your SOLIDWORKS models: If your parts and subsequent assemblies are taking too long to load or are difficult to modify then we can create models for you which are optimized with the best features and contain configurations for different sizes and situations. We can also provide advice on how to optimize your parts to reduce material or alternative methods of manufacture to reduce costs.
- Convert models to the latest version of SOLIDWORKS: We can help you to convert your existing database to work more effectively with the latest version of SOLIDWORKS.
- Teach you how to model: We can show you to use your SOLIDWORKS software more effectively and help you to choose the right features and techniques to simplify complex parts.
We TEST your Design
Simulation and Validation Services
Javelin Analysis experts can help you solve your tough design problems using SOLIDWORKS FEA and CFD software.
The Javelin Simulation Services Team has been providing analysis services for North American engineering and manufacturing companies for years. Our capabilities are multidisciplinary with experience in structures, fluids, rigid body mechanics, composite materials, control systems, and others. We also have access to a complete prototype shop and rapid prototyping capability.
Javelin operates within a collaborative framework encompassing multiple investigators and practitioners with a wide variety of expertise. Javelin is a SOLIDWORKS certified advanced analysis provider and our team are certified analysis trainers, flow simulation advanced professionals, and certified simulation advanced professionals.
Typical Simulation Services
- Solve manufacturing problems: We can help you to determine what is the best manufacturing process for your design. With SOLIDWORKS Simulation and SOLIDWORKS design tools we can model many aspects of your manufacturing process. For instance determine assembly stresses, mold flow or forming process.
- Test new and competing design approaches: So that you can have confidence in your designs we can quickly assist you to test your new approaches without you having to build a prototype.
- Optimize an existing design: We can help you to improve or prove your design if it needs to be larger, stronger, lighter, perform new functions or work under different conditions.
- Troubleshoot problems with existing products: FEA gives you insights into the behavior of your existing product which may have failed during it’s service. To help determine the problem we can test the design in many different ways which may not be possible with the physical product.
- Teach you how to use Simulation software: We can show you to use your simulation software more effectively and help you to better understand the results and how they will impact your design.
We CUSTOMIZE or AUTOMATE your system
Solve your process issue with a Customized SOLIDWORKS Application
The Javelin SOLIDWORKS Service Team helps customers to customize their SOLIDWORKS CAD and PDM software to streamline the system to match their business process.
Javelin has in-house programmers that can modify the SOLIDWORKS Application Programming Interface (API) to customize the software to meet your requirements. Listed below is a selection of the SOLIDWORKS custom applications developed by Javelin.
Custom Application Examples
- Feed Screw Creator application for SOLIDWORKS.
- Automated Model and Drawing information created from an existing database.
- BOM Part Number Validation against item masters in an ERP system.
- Advanced Plant/Factory Layout Automation Add-in.
- Automated PDF and Flame Cut File generation for distribution to manufacturing from engineering.
- Custom software to transfer AutoCAD Bill of Materials to SOLIDWORKS PDM Professional.
- DGN to SOLIDWORKS translator.
- Material and Labour Cost Estimator Add-in for SOLIDWORKS part and assembly documents.
- Create custom applications: We will design and build a custom application in SOLIDWORKS to enhance the software for your business need.
- Modify SOLIDWORKS: If there is a SOLIDWORKS feature that you want modified or a custom PDM workflow that is critical to your business then we can help.
- Connect SOLIDWORKS to business systems: We can help you to connect SOLIDWORKS PDM to your ERP, MRP or CRM system
- Teach you how to create applications: Our programmers can teach you how to use the SOLIDWORKS API to create your own applications
Automate SOLIDWORKS so you can Configure, Price & Quote your products
Javelin can provide your business with a Configure-Price-Quote (CPQ) solution that allows a customer to specify their requirements and receive an instant quote for their chosen specification.
CPQ systems make it easy for your customer to specify what they need and for you to rapidly provide them with a price. If the process of receiving a quote from your company is not easy then our CPQ system will solve that problem.
You need to Automate with a CPQ system if you:
- Are losing business because it takes too long and too much effort to create a quote.
- Have a dealer network across a wide geographic area or a mobile sales force that needs a configuration tool.
- Cannot design new products or enter new markets because you are too busy on standard items.
- Are in need of a competitive advantage.
SOLIDWORKS CPQ Solution allows you to
- Provide your customers with an Online Configuration/Quoting Tool to specify your product and receive instant information like pricing or a 3D preview. You can also enable a secure Point of Sale if they want to buy now.
- Connect with your ERP system to generate pricing data (in real time during or after the specification process)
- Connect with your CRM system to auto-populate customer information and tag files generated with properties that define a specific project, customer, sales opportunity or all the above
- Drive SOLIDWORKS to automatically generate all the drawings and other manufacturing information such as:
- Flat Patterns for routers, flame cut or waterjet cutters
- Photo renderings to help your customer and the shop floor visualize the product you will deliver
- Cut lists to feed the shop floor
- NC Toolpaths (when integrated with CAM systems)
Javelin Services Success
Three Customers who have been successful with Javelin services
SERVICE: Calendar Club worked with Javelin to develop a SOLIDWORKS application that reads information directly from their SQL database; allowing them to easily create new store/kiosk layouts. The application contains floor grid lines and an entire parts library.
RESULT: Design time was reduced 35%-45%, errors were reduced by 25%, and they realized a 30% cost savings.
Sunrise Power Corporation
SERVICE: Ontario's premier solar power equipment manufacturer dramatically reduced design time for large scale projects from two days to two hours fully automated using a customized SOLIDWORKS automation tool created by Javelin specifically for Sunrise Power.
RESULT: Produced 99.9% error free designs. Also facilitated simpler, more accurate quotes and costing (regardless of design changes, within 5% of final design outcome).
Sport Systems Unlimited
SERVICE: Sport Systems Unlimited, a hockey board manufacturer, invested in automation to define the configuration of customized board sizes. They are able to automatically create tool paths and instructions for their CNC machines and robotic systems directly from SOLIDWORKS.
RESULT: Cut production time by 62%. Tripled manufacturing throughput. Achieved a 40% share of the Canadian market. Expanded into new markets.
"Javelin’s quick response time, sales and technical support are all very good. We implemented SOLIDWORKS in 1998 and to date, remain a satisfied customer"
Brad Toole, Engineering Manager
Breaker Technology Ltd.
"The time we save using SOLIDWORKS and doing our own 3D printing helps us validate designs quickly to meet demanding project deadlines"
Ron Ryan, Fabrication Group Manager
"SOLIDWORKS has definitely brought something different to the Solar Industry. Our U.S. counterparts use 2D, but they will be switching to 3D soon"
Chris White, Design & Technical Manager
“Javelin is an easily accessible reseller who is supportive, knowledgeable and professional. Keep up the Gold Standard level of service.”
Michael Fernando, Tool & Die Designer
Theta Industries Inc.
“SOLIDWORKS is now the de facto standard and Javelin is one of the best SOLIDWORKS resellers. How can you go wrong with a de facto standard on both the reseller and the software?”
John Leavitt, Owner
“Javelin staff and technical support are excellent. They are knowledgeable, helpful and thorough. Technical questions are always answered; either immediately or in a timely manner.”
Christa Carey, Technical Support Manager
“We rely heavily on our software to keep us profitable, and Javelin is always in the background keeping ProVantage running.”
Peter Graham, Engineering Manager
"Javelin does far more than sell software and 3D printers. They provide team support and resources, when there were technical challenges, Javelin stepped up and made it right."
Timm Williams, Partner
"Evolve Design Solutions appreciates the excellent customer service, product knowledge and technical support provided by Javelin, our SOLIDWORKS Value Added Reseller (VAR).”
Aldo Balatti, Principal
Evolve Design Solutions
“Javelin offers the complete package; good products, good service and value for what you need. They’re a great bunch of people who are always willing to help you out.”
Mark McCumber, Senior Designer
F-B Tool & Die Limited
"As far as Javelin goes, they’re really nice guys. Excellent technical support is provided by a consistent group of people. Reasonable, low pressure sales support is also appreciated."
Mike McGuire, President
"I’ve been a believer in SOLIDWORKS PDM since day one because it’s been effective since day one"
Ray Minato, President
Inertia Engineering + Design
"Javelin seems to make an extra effort to ensure that the software’s capabilities are being maximized to benefit the customer.”
Darryl Turrie, Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited
"Javelin employees are friendly, knowledgeable and quick to respond with effective solutions, and ZEC Wind Power is very pleased to be affiliated with this company."
Michelle El-Hage, Designer
ZEC Wind Power
Interested in a Service?
Fill out the form below or call us at 1-877-219-6757 to get more information
*fields are required
Three Reasons to Contact Us...
1 Ensure SOLIDWORKS is working for you
Let us know what your critical business issues are, and our experts will determine how SOLIDWORKS can be adapted to your needs.
2 Reduce your costs
Engineering design costs are high and investing in a service to reduce the time needed to create your designs will boost your bottom line.
3 Get expert advice
The experience we have gained from working with 4,000+ customers in a variety of industries will help to generate ideas on how you can best utilize SOLIDWORKS.