After several years of dealing with 3D printed parts from Objet (now Stratasys) we are very familiar with the appearance and features of Polyjet parts. Now, with an enhanced rapid prototyping portfolio due to the Objet / Stratasys merger we are getting to know the benefits and properties of the FDM (Fused Deposition Modeling) parts.
A few days ago we received the Dimension sample case, with very interesting parts that show the strengths and applications of parts printed in a Stratasys Dimension machine. After carefully observing, manipulating and analyzing the parts I would like to summarize some of the key points of these models:
- Strong and durable parts.
- Colour variety (up to 9 available colours).
- Fully functional models.
- The parts can be drilled, tapped, painted, sanded and even metal coated.
- Perfect for snap fit testing due to the nature of the material (real ABS).
- Great dimensional stability.
With this enhanced portfolio, Javelin will be able to cover most of the rapid prototyping requirements of our customers. Now we have the missing piece of the puzzle.