In SOLIDWORKS Manage 2020, we have more options for PDM outputs from a process;
- Process Configuration Wizard > Workflow Properties
Do not increment version of PDM files
With this enabled, a new version won’t be created as part of the process output. This is similar to the option within PDM Overwrite latest version.
A few notes about this option;
- This setting only applies to the SOLIDWORKS Manage output.
- May take some time if there are a large number of items linked to this
We can use the Overwrite Latest Version option on the PDM workflow to prevent extra versions being created in PDM if;
- Manage changes the state of the PDM workflow
- The PDM transition updates a variable.
Permissions: Use permissions from the logged-in user
This will use the permissions of the logged-in user to complete the process output.
Permissions: Use permissions from the following user
Similar to the functionality within tasks in PDM, we have the ability to assign a user account for the Output Process to use while completing. This allows users to inherit or limit permissions they wouldn’t normally have for purposes of completing the output.
Get Certified SOLIDWORKS Services from Javelin
Javelin Experts can help you to: