In SOLIDWORKS Manage 2020, we have more options for PDM outputs from a process;
- Process Configuration Wizard > Workflow Properties
Do not increment version of PDM files
With this enabled, a new version won’t be created as part of the process output. This is similar to the option within PDM Overwrite latest version.
A few notes about this option;
- This setting only applies to the SOLIDWORKS Manage output.
- May take some time if there are a large number of items linked to this
We can use the Overwrite Latest Version option on the PDM workflow to prevent extra versions being created in PDM if;
- Manage changes the state of the PDM workflow
- The PDM transition updates a variable.
Permissions: Use permissions from the logged-in user
This will use the permissions of the logged-in user to complete the process output.
Permissions: Use permissions from the following user
Similar to the functionality within tasks in PDM, we have the ability to assign a user account for the Output Process to use while completing. This allows users to inherit or limit permissions they wouldn’t normally have for purposes of completing the output.