Professional Photogrammetry Solution
The Artec Metrology Kit is a professional photogrammetry solution with metrology-grade precision and high-end volumetric accuracy for inspection, reverse engineering, and other industrial measurement applications.
Using a high-accuracy optical coordinate measuring system makes inspection of objects like vehicles, aircraft components, ships, and wind turbines a reliable, straightforward process.
What is the Artec Metrology Kit?
A 3D optical coordinate measuring system for high-precision industrial applications – think deformation analysis, testing, inspection.
The Metrology Kit is flexible enough to integrate into your workflow, delivers perfect results both in your workshop and outdoors, and is compatible with major software like Control X and PolyWorks.
The Metrology Kit can operate as a standalone optical measurement solution, or as a referencing tool for even higher 3D scanning accuracy over distance. Using the Metrology Kit plugin, you get the entire 3D scanning + photogrammetry workflow right inside Artec Studio.
DAkkS-certified 6DoF optical measurement
Complete optical coordinate measuring system with accuracy of up to 10 microns. Camera resolution of up to 30.3 megapixels, a 28-mm wide-angle lens, measurement targets, adapters, and scale bars.
Use it anywhere
The whole Kit fits in a rugged, portable case, and with dynamic referencing, you can capture objects in motion – perfect on sites where it’s impractical to use traditional measuring machines and other 3D measurement tools.
Compatible with different software
The Artec Metrology Kit is compatible with industry-leading software solutions like Geomagic Control X, PolyWorks, and many more.
Artec Metrology Kit Features and Applications
A powerful metrology-grade measurement solution
Using a high-accuracy optical coordinate measuring system makes inspection of objects like aircraft components, ships, and wind turbines a reliable, straightforward process.
- High precision for full confidence: Get much more precise datasets and confidently perform inspection in use cases where requirements on repeatability are high.
- Incorporate photogrammetry data into your own workflow: Use the Metrology Kit’s data in your own workflow to make comparisons with 3D meshes, CAD entities, and to make highly accurate measurements of distances.
- Maintain precision in unstable environments: Accurate measurements fulfilling repeatability requirements can be taken during almost any production step – even where the part is in motion. On a hydraulic ramp, for example.
Analyse des déformations
Use this optical measurement solution to analyze the deformation characteristics of materials under different environmental conditions and loads – processes where a short measuring time is crucial. The Metrology Kit is great for analyzing the geometrical changes of things like storage tanks, vehicle components, or design prototypes.
- Short measuring time: Work comfortably in demanding testing environments such as climate chambers, where very short acquisition times are crucial, but reliable precision and highly accurate datasets are non-negotiable.
- Convenient workflow: The Metrology Kit’s simple workflow is especially important given the large number of measurement points typical in deformation analysis and extreme working conditions like high temperatures and humidity.
- Portable and flexible: The Metrology Kit’s portability ensures ease of use when working in tight spaces often characteristic of climate chambers.
Référencement pour la numérisation 3D
Combine the dense point cloud of a metrology 3D scanner with the high precision of the Kit’s optical measurements to expand the capabilities of small to medium-sized object scanners. You can have the best of both worlds obtaining high resolution on smaller elements within large objects while having them fully captured with minimal accumulated error and high volumetric accuracy.
- Greater accuracy over distance: The Metrology Kit produces a point cloud with high volumetric accuracy that you can use as a reference to get great 3D scanning results over distance even when you’re not using a 3D scanner for metrology.
- Simplified workflow: A complete, self-contained workflow from signalizing to reporting makes the measurement process seamless, and integrates the whole photogrammetry-complemented pipeline into one environment.
- Increase the range of smaller scanners: Use scanners with a relatively small field of view to accurately capture much larger objects. This means you can capture small details while maintaining very high volumetric accuracy, up to 0.015 mm + 0.015 mm/m.
Easy for unstable conditions
The Metrology Kit’s portability makes it easy to transport by helicopter. A short measuring time, easy workflow, and dynamic referencing make it the ideal solution for such high-accuracy applications in unstable conditions:
- Automotive: A major car manufacturer in Germany used the Metrology Kit for quality control to analyze the positions of welding studs on every fourth chassis in a production line. The results were used to program the welding robot.
- R&D: As part of tests and research for autonomous driving, major car manufacturers use the Metrology Kit to accurately determine the positions of sensors on a car body and correctly place them within the car’s coordinate system.
- Aerospace: Organizations in astronomy, defense, and space in the UK, Germany, and Japan use the Metrology Kit for high-accuracy applications. Deformation analysis was done on the main and sub panel systems of this large satellite antenna tilted at various angles.
Artec Metrology Kit Specifications
Two kits to choose from, Professional and Entry
|Length measurement accuracy | MPE*||0.015 mm + 0.015 mm × Length diagonal [m]||0.025 mm + 0.025 mm × Length diagonal [m]|
|Point-based measurement accuracy||0.002 mm + 0.005 mm/m (RMS)
0.003 mm + 0.007 mm/m (3 sigma)
|0.004 mm + 0.006 mm/m (RMS)
0.005 mm + 0.009 mm/m (3 sigma)
*MPE (Maximum Permissible Error) of length measurement error, based on VDI/VDE 2634 part 1: defined as the maximum permissible deviation of a measured length, which is located between two measuring points, signalized with photogrammetric targets, in the entire measuring volume of the measuring object, regardless of the position and orientation.
|Volumetric accuracy combined with 3D scanners||Professionnel||Entry|
|Artec Leo/Artec Eva||0.115 mm + 0.015 mm/m||0.125 mm + 0.025 mm/m|
|Artec Space Spider||0.065 mm + 0.015 mm/m||0.075 mm + 0.025 mm/m|
|Sensor unit||Canon EOS R||Canon EOS 6D|
|Objectif||28 mm AICON metric wide-angle lens||28 mm AICON metric wide-angle lens|
|Camera resolution||30.3 megapixels (6720 × 4480)||20.2 megapixels (5472 × 3648)|
|Field of view (FoV)||65 × 46°||65 × 46°|
|Illumination||White-light flash||White-light flash|
|Vitesse||Up to 8 images per second||Up to 4 images per second|
|Wireless data transfer||Optional||Not supported|
|Alimentation électrique||Li-ion battery||Li-ion battery|
|Dimensions||215 × 120 × 140 mm||245 × 110 × 150 mm|
|External dimensions of transportation box||520 × 430 × 250 mm||870 × 230 × 170 mm|
|Sensor weight||1.7 kg / 3.7 lb||1.4 kg / 3 lb|
|Weight of transportation box including system||Approx. 12 kg / 26.5 lb||Approx. 7.7 kg / 17 lb|
|Stockage||Robust case with trolley||Robust case|
|Recommended operating temperature||+5 to +45°C||+5 to +45°C|
|Conformity||CE, RoHS||CE, RoHS|
|Calibration and certification||DAkkS certificate for the complete measuring system including scale bars and sensor
DAkkS-calibrated scale bars: 1 × 1430 mm, 1 × 830 mm
VDI 2634 page 1 certified system
|DAkkS certificate for the complete measuring system including scale bars and sensor
Factory-calibrated scale cross 800
Opt. VDI 2634 page 1 certified system
Logiciel révolutionnaire de numérisation 3D et de traitement des données
La création de chefs-d'œuvre de numérisation 3D nécessite un logiciel intelligent et puissant pour capturer, traiter, analyser et modifier les données. Désormais, tout le monde peut obtenir des résultats professionnels grâce au logiciel de numérisation 3D le plus complet et le plus simple du marché.
- Interfaceconviviale et intuitive pour une numérisation 3D fluide et guidée par des experts.
- Processus de démarrage rapide et facile. Pas d'exigences particulières en matière de positionnement, il suffit de pointer et de tirer
- Le logiciel Artec Studio est compatible avec les tablettes ainsi qu'avec les capteurs 3D, et avec le pack batterie pour le scanner 3D, vous pouvez facilement créer des scans professionnels à tout moment et n'importe où.
- Obtenez des numérisations de haute qualité à chaque fois grâce à un système de suivi intelligent qui garantit le déplacement correct du scanner et la capture des objets.
- Arrêtez ou mettez en pause la numérisation et reprenez exactement là où vous vous êtes arrêté, grâce à la fonction intelligente d'auto-continuation.
- Obtenez des résultats aussi bons en mode manuel qu'en mode Autopilote.
Choose the version that suits your needs
The Artec Metrology Kit comes in two versions. The Entry version is designed for less demanding engineering use cases, while the Professional version provides higher accuracy and is designed to make photogrammetry in more challenging environments easier.
- 30.3-megapixel digital camera
- Point-based accuracy (RMS) up to 0.002 mm + 0.005 mm/m
- Length measurement accuracy up to 0.015 mm + 0.015 mm/m
- WiFi connectivity and remote-control options
- Metrology Kit plugin for Artec Studio
- Adjustable camera settings
- Additional measurement targets: adaptors (for features like holes, edges, etc.) + separated reference cross and scale bar (for larger and more complex parts)
- 20-megapixel digital camera
- Point-based accuracy (RMS) up to 0.004 mm + 0.005 mm/m
- Length measurement accuracy up to 0.025 mm + 0.025 mm/m
- Metrology Kit plugin for Artec Studio
- Adjustable camera settings
- Basic range of measurement accessories: targets and scale bars
Interested in an Artec Metrology Kit?
Appelez-nous gratuitement au 1-877-219-6757 et obtenez des réponses à vos questions.