Innovative conceptual design is the core of any successful product. SOLIDWORKS® Mechanical Conceptual, powered by Dassault Systèmes 3DEXPERIENCE® Platform, removes the constraints of structured design programs and gives you a flexible, intuitive, powerful modeling environment that turns every challenge of conceptual design into your business advantage. Quickly capture, develop, and communicate your design ideas directly in the digital model with SOLIDWORKS ease of use and productivity to accelerate development, lower costs, and build your market share.
SOLIDWORKS Conceptual simplifies the process of conceptual design and helps you make it a business advantage. Typically, mechanical conceptual design consumes almost one-third of project time, with an average of six design iterations. With 98 percent of companies collaborating on conceptual design, the potential impact on your time-to-market and cost is clear, and transparent data management and communication are critical. What do you need to make conceptual design work efficiently?
- An instinctive, easy-to-use design tool
- A way to harness the collective intelligence of your whole design team, customers, and supply chain to capture ideas, leverage existing designs, collaborate, and quickly get feedback
- Safe, secure, intelligent data that can be accessed anytime from anywhere
SOLIDWORKS Mechanical Conceptual gives you a flexible, innovative conceptual design process. It’s complementary to SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD software, so you can focus on quickly solving design challenges; develop, verify, and present your concept; and then easily transition to building part and assembly structures. Continuous file saving keeps design files current, safe, and secure.
With your data accessed via the cloud, development teams can communicate from anywhere, anytime to easily innovate and collaborate.
Quickly Capture Your Concept Digitally
Evolving a concept is where SOLIDWORKS Mechanical Conceptual really begins to speed up the design process. You can easily capture ideas and design iterations with amazing flexibility directly in a digital model without pre-planning product structure. With SOLIDWORKS Mechanical Conceptual, you’re using familiar tools and concepts, so you can focus on ideas, not on the software.
- Single modeling environment merges the benefits of design history, parametrics, and direct editing so you can develop concepts the way you want—top down, bottom up, layout sketch, or master model—to quickly develop ideas and win more business
- Direct editing easily transforms both native and imported geometry without limits, reducing remodeling time and focusing you on innovation
- Predictive lifelike behavior helps confirm mechanical operation and shows how your model reacts in the real world so you can identify problems and resolve them while you design
- Evolve your design from layout sketches and 3D geometry to separate parts and assemblies without being constrained by product structures while respecting defined design intent
SOLIDWORKS Conceptual Designer combines the benefits of feature-based and history-free modeling in a unique way for a highly flexible, interactive workflow. You can eliminate wasted design time because you never have to start over or drastically rework designs to make an underlying change.
Mechanism Design and Motion Analysis While You Develop Your Concept
SOLIDWORKS Conceptual Designer helps confirm mechanical operation while you design and can alert you if design goals are violated. You can quickly generate ideas, try variations, and optimize mechanical operation.
- Automatic background simulation and real-time analysis during design confirm model operations
- Rapidly evolve 2D concepts into detailed 3D concept designs with automatic mapping of sketch relations into assembly mates and motion drivers
- Define design goals and receive automatic alerts if designs fall outside of specified parameters
Connected on the Cloud and Built for Collaboration
SOLIDWORKS Conceptual Designer brings natural collaboration to your conceptual design process. Product knowledge, use cases, and design ideas reside with a wide array of geographically dispersed stakeholders—from your design team to suppliers and customers. Gathering these inputs can be challenging, but without collaboration, you could settle for an incomplete solution. All stakeholders need to be able to communicate seamlessly—wherever they are and whenever they want.
Social innovation capabilities built into the foundation of SOLIDWORKS Mechanical Conceptual are powered by Dassault Systèmes 3DEXPERIENCE Platform.
- Access the collective intelligence of the whole team to drive towards the best design solution
- Collaborate internally and externally with suppliers and customers in an open innovation process
- Engage stakeholders at any point in the design process by posting concepts to their private communities
- Collect stakeholder concept reviews and feedback using simple and familiar web tools
SOLIDWORKS Conceptual Designer automatically captures and retains each of your concepts as you design and stores them on the cloud, with your data continuously saved as you work.
Data is always safe and up-to-date in a single, secure location where your team can access the current design anytime from anywhere.
Protect valuable ideas and quickly find and leverage previous concepts with full design intent and intelligence. You define levels of access so users can share, mark up, and discuss designs. And you can better engage with your customers, get their ideas and approvals, and gain competitive advantage.