Migrating CAD data to a new design software can be a difficult task. Whether transporting legacy data or simply accessing designs developed in a different design environment, SOLIDWORKS PCB makes the process easy. Using the SOLIDWORKS PCB Import Files Feature, design files from other electrical tools can be converted, often in less than a minute.
Configure Import Settings
Import settings specific to other design software can be configured in the System Preferences. Software including: EAGLE, Protel 99SE, OrCAD, PADS, Mentor and AutoCAD PCB are available to be configured.
- File > System Preferences > Importers
Performing an Import
- A PCB Project must be created or opened before the Import feature will be enabled:
- File > New PCB Project
- Execute the import command:
- File > Import
- Choose the file type from the list of Electrical tools:
- For importing Altium Designer files, schematic and library files can be opened normally. However, PCB document files from Altium Designer must be opened through the Import feature.
- Navigate and pick the design files to be converted and select OK. The SOLIDWORKS PCB Import Files conversion will happen in the background and you will receive a completion message when finished.
The files have now been converted to the corresponding SOLIDWORKS PCB file format with all references intact.
To learn more about SOLIDWORKS PCB
Get Certified SOLIDWORKS Services from Javelin
Javelin Experts can help you to: