SOLIDWORKS Visualize is a suite of standalone software tools that combine industry-leading rendering capabilities with design-oriented features and workflows that enable easy and fast creation of visual content for designers, engineers, marketing, and other content creators. The software is provided in two different versions:
- SOLIDWORKS Visualize Standard — included with SOLIDWORKS Subscription Service or available to purchase standalone
- SOLIDWORKS Visualize Professional — available to purchase standalone
In this blog post we are going to have a look at SOLIDWORKS Visualize Professional features:
VR & Panoramic Interactive Outputs
SOLIDWORKS Visualize Professional includes a Virtual Reality (VR) output which renders a user-specified number of images from around the model and stitches them together so the model can be viewed from all angles, creating a truly interactive experience tumbling around the model. VR outputs are ideal for showing off your designs to stakeholders for review and for interactive marketing experiences to tell a deeper story with your CAD data.
The Panoramic output stitches multiple rendered images together to form a three hundred sixty degree panorama around the active camera. Once created, the active camera functions as a pivot point from which you can pivot and zoom to explore the environment. Panoramic outputs are convenient for interior spaces like cars, planes, interior rooms, and large assembly plants, and can be used with all render modes (Preview, Fast, Accurate). Take a look at an aerospace panoramic example below:
Within a single Visualize project file, rapidly generate multiple design variations, product variants, material options, environments, camera angles and more, then click one button to automatically render out all Configurations at once. Very powerful tool for projects with multiple part/material options.
Full Animation Suite (parts, models, appearances, cameras & environments)
A variety of different animation options and tools are available with the professional version:
- Simple one-click 360 degree turntable animations make this type of output a breeze to create.
- Part/Group/Model animations for animated exploded views, sequence animation, and more to explain complex mechanical movements and detailed designs.
- Camera animations with unique Animation Ribbon, which is an intuitive 3D representation of how the camera moves through the scene, making camera fly-by a snap to create.
- Sun Study output type allows Visualize users to see what the play of light looks like across their model throughout an entire day. This is perfect for interior designers who need to see how sunlight casts shadows from their interior concept throughout a complete day sun-cycle.
Custom camera Post-Processing (camera filters)
Unleash your creativity and add additional effects to your Visualize content with customizable camera filters (shown below) and the new Bloom Filter, perfect for glowing LEDs, lights and sun highlights.
Similar to a printer queue, stack up render jobs to send all at once, for example at the end of the day, to remain productive during work hours and allow all the renders to cook overnight. The integrated Render Queue instantly boosts productivity allowing you to never wait for a render to finish again.
Visualize Boost is an Add-on feature to the Visualize Professional Network Rendering package, which is an extremely powerful product for instantly increasing render speeds and content productivity. Visualize Boost allows users to send render jobs to a dedicated machine(s) which frees up their local machine to set up the next render job, update their model back in their original CAD package, or perform other actions that require graphics computation.
SOLIDWORKS Visualize Boost is a separate install and is recommended to install on dedicated render machines. It’s super easy to set up, and also included is a web-based admin to set-up the Boost render cluster(s).
As an added value to SOLIDWORKS Visualize Professional customers, DS include 1 free license of Visualize Boost with each seat of Visualize Professional! So if you have 10 seats of Visualize Professional, you’ll have 10 free licenses of Visualize Boost!