Recently an eDrawings user contacted our tech support asking why he couldn’t run newer or other versions of eDrawings on his machine. In this particular case the user was trying to run eDrawings 2019 but he already had eDrawings 2018 installed on the same machine.
Installing and running eDrawings 2019 resulted in an error message:
“Input string is not in a correct format”
Follow the steps below to resolve this issue:
Check to see if ‘GraphicsInfo’ key is created under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\eDrawings\e2019 in the registry editor.
If not , I would assume that you have ‘GraphicsInfo’ created for eDrawings 2018 , so what you can do is the following :
- Open the registry editor.
- Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\eDrawings\e2018 , right click ‘GraphicsInfo’ >Export , save it on the desktop.
- Edit the exported registry key in note-pad , and change the path to e2019 it should look like this.[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\eDrawings\e2019\GraphicsInfo]
- Save the file after editing
- Double click the reg key from desktop to enable it > Yes > Yes > OK
- Start eDrawings 2019
Now, SOLIDWORKS eDrawings 2019 should be up and running.
Learn more about eDrawings
Get Certified SOLIDWORKS Services from Javelin
Javelin Experts can help you to: