Developed by the Khronos Group, glTF™ (GLTF Transmission Format) is intended to be an efficient, inter-operable file format with minimum file size and run-time processing by apps. glTF files contain information such as geometry, appearances, textures, animations, motion studies, configurations, display states, exploded views, lights, and metadata. The content that powers rich AR, VR, and web experiences. As such, its creators have described it as the “JPEG of 3D.”
glTF also defines a common publishing format for 3D content tools and services which are growing rapidly. You may drag .glb files into Microsoft® Office 365® products like PowerPoint to have interactive 3D model viewing experiences. Import these files into Unity and Unreal for video game development or view them in most web browsers and even Facebook.
The Extended Reality Exporter:
- Improves collaborative internal and external design reviews.
- Sells designs more effectively with immersive experiences.
- Trains your staff about how to immersively assemble and interact with your products. For example, you can create an Augmented Reality training walkthrough to teach mechanics how to service an MRI machine when a part fails, all from the original SOLIDWORKS CAD file.
To export to the glTF file format:
- With a SOLIDWORKS Visualize project open, click File > Export > Export Project.
- In the Save As dialog box, select Extended Reality (*.GLTF) or Extended Reality (*.GLB).
Get Certified SOLIDWORKS Services from Javelin
Javelin Experts can help you to: