Introducing Stratasys’ new Stereolithography Apparatus (SLA) 3D printer, the Stratasys Neo. The Stratasys Neo prides itself on its high reliability and superior surface quality without requiring extensive post processing and part finishing.
What is Stereolithography?
Stereolithography (SL), marks the original 3D printing technology. This process uses a vat filled with liquid UV curable resin and a UV laser which solidifies each individual layer to build the part. The laser energizes the liquid resin and works to link the photopolymer chains iteratively to form a three-dimensional object.
Consumers continuously invest in this technology due to its proven ability to save cost, time and other valuable resources compared to traditional manufacturing methods.
Key Benefits of SL Printing Technology
- Improved Time to Market: SL technology features UV resin which has a very high curing speed resulting in parts that are built faster. This increases turnover time for design iterations and expedites the development process.
- Limited Post Processing: High accuracy UV lasers increase the parts surface finish and limit the support structure compared to other additive manufacturing processes. This reduces the total time and effort required for post processing and part finishing, saving both time and cost.
- Wide range of materials: SL technology exposes users to a high range of UV curable materials. This provides customers with the ability to find materials that will fit their individual mechanical, physical and cosmetic needs.
Key Features of the Stratasys Neo
- Large Print Volume: Print large parts without sacrificing part quality and avoid having to section the part and assemble it post printing, saving both saving time and cost. (Neo800 800 x 800 x 600 millimeters, Neo450 450 x 450 x 400 millimeters)
- Open resin system: The Neo prides itself on providing clients with the flexibility to print using any commercially available 355nm resin. This reduces the cost and ensures the parts will adhere to the specific color and functional requirements of each individual client.
- Dynamic Laser Focusing: Advanced laser position allows for high dimensional accuracy and increased surface finish quality, enabling clients to have confidence in consistent high-quality prints.
Stratasys Neo Model Options
Benefits of the Neo
- Reduced finishing time by up to 50%: The Neo is capable of producing parts with a very high dimensional accuracy and industry leading part surface quality. The combination of the two results in the need to dedicate less resources to part finishing, saving both time and cost.
- Enhanced workflow: The Neo employs an intuitive software system which helps to streamline daily operation and helps add functionality to the operations. Stratasys works to incorporate client suggestions and feedback into future software updates, helping to drive progressive, meaningful changes to their systems.
- Large Build Volume: The Neo incorporates a larger build volume which gives the user the flexibility to easily produce medium and large parts, without the need to segment the CAD files and assemble to parts post printing. Furthermore, the large build volume also allows the user to print several smaller parts at once, maximizing the printer’s throughput and reducing operator time required to clean and set up the printer for each build.
Example Part Quality
Want to get started with 3D Printing?
Our 3D Printing resources can help you to: