Training Course Contents
The SOLIDWORKS Electrical Routing course explains how to create, edit and manage Electrical routes and cables, from the critical routing components and their design requirements to the sub-assemblies that contain the routes.
This training course will help you to:
- Create routed systems for electrical cable and harness
- Create your own library parts which can be dragged and dropped into your electrical routes
- Create drawings of your routed systems with route information added
Course Info at a glance
Requirements & Benefits
Skills you will acquire
SOLIDWORKS Electrical Routing Lessons
The following lessons are included in the course
Lesson 1: Fundamentals of Routing
- What is Routing?
- Routing Setup
- General Routing Settings
Lesson 2: Basic SOLIDWORKS Electrical Routing
- Adding Routing Components
- Start by Drag and Drop Connector
- Auto Route
- Save to External File
Lesson 3: Routing with Clips
- Routing Through Existing Clips
- Adding Clips while Auto Routing
- Editing a Route
- Working with Clips
- Splitting a Route
- Adding a Splice
Lesson 4: Electrical Routing Components
- Routing Library Parts Introduction
- Electrical Routing Library Parts
- Routing Component Wizard
- Routing Component Attributes
- Electrical Libraries
Lesson 5: Standard Cables
- Using Standard Cables
- Standard Cables Excel File
- Modifying Standard Cables
- Creating a Standard Cable
- Routing Templates
Lesson 6: Electrical Data Import
- Importing Data
- Component Library Wizard
- From/To Lists
- Route Properties
- Route Guidelines
- Using Guidelines and Clips
Lesson 7: Electrical Drawings
- Route Flattening and Detailing
- Annotation Flattening
- Flatten Route
- Manufacture Flattening
Lesson 8: Electrical Ribbon Cables
- Ribbon Cable Components
- Auto Routing Ribbon Cables
- Using Ribbon Cable Clips
- Flattening Ribbon Cables
- Through Connectors
- Ribbon Cable Libraries
Lesson 9: Electrical Conduits
- Rigid Conduit
- Orthogonal Routing with Auto Route
- Electrical Data in Conduits
- Manual Sketch Routing
- Flexible Electrical Conduit
Appendix A: Review Section
- Review of Configurations
- A Note About File References
- Design Tables
- Review of Top Down Design
- Editing Options
- Review of Design Library Task Pane
- Review of 3D Sketching
"The SOLIDWORKS Electrical Routing instructor was very knowledgeable, plus a small class size, helped me to receive extra support when required"
— Dash Cheema, GE Water
"The course provided the most relevant knowledge for what we do at work."
— Quentin Foran, Air Solutions
Choose from three different training methods available to you
Receive SOLIDWORKS training as a group in a traditional classroom environment.
Classes can be taken in one of our 12 training locations across Canada using SOLIDWORKS approved training content and methodologies.
- Cost effective training method.
- Leave the office to concentrate on learning.
- Learn more through group questions and feedback.
Live Online Training
With our online training you will experience an interactive learning environment where you can give feedback, gain access to the SOLIDWORKS training files and get time to work on training exercises.
- Online courses are typically half day sessions.
- More effective than video based training, with recorded videos learners are often not as focused on the training and skip exercises.
Onsite at your location
Receive training at your place of work. This style of flexible training is perfect for teams or individuals who are faced with a specific challenge and require personalized courses with on-the-job coaching.
- Use our state-of-the-art mobile classroom at your facility.
- Bring your team up to a consistent level of knowledge by having them take the same training at the same time.
- Benefit from flexible scheduling options.
Choose a SOLIDWORKS Electrical Routing class from the list below
Get Custom Training
Contact us to learn how the SOLIDWORKS Electrical Routing course can be included in custom training for your business