Get Professional Simulation Tools
SOLIDWORKS Simulation Professional adds to SOLIDWORKS Simulation Standard with more powerful and sophisticated simulation capabilities, to help you answer engineering challenges with complex load scenarios and multi-physics solutions.
Test your design with extensive structural analysis
Structural simulation covers a wide range of FEA problems—from the performance of a part under a constant load to the stress analysis of a moving assembly under dynamic loading, all of which can be determined using SOLIDWORKS Simulation Professional:
- Optimize designs based on structural, motion, or geometric criteria.
- Have your CAD toolbox fasteners translated automatically into connectors for fast and accurate assembly analysis.
- Combine load cases and test structural performance for multiple load combinations with the Load Case Manager.
- Analyze how dropping a product will affect its structural integrity.
- Assess large assembly behavior focusing on critical zones with sub-modelling.
- Evaluate complex problems early in the design cycle with plane stress, plane strain, and axisymmetric linear static analysis.
- Access an extensive materials database with metal properties and fatigue curves.
Analyze assembly motion for process and task workflow with event–based simulation
Easily simulate complex machine operations using event-based motion analysis with SOLIDWORKS Simulation Professional and validate the sequencing of the design to ensure correct operation, product quality, and safety. See how your product would move in the real world and measure the forces and loads while you design, helping you correctly size the motors and the structure and confirm the timing.
Tightly integrated with SOLIDWORKS CAD, event-based motion analysis using SOLIDWORKS Simulation Professional can be a regular part of your design process—reducing the need for costly prototypes, eliminating rework or delays, and saving time and development costs:
- Define motion studies based on model event and assembly actions.
- Trigger actions through motion sensors, time, or the completion of a previous task.
- Evaluate characteristics like actuator force and joint loads for motion optimization.
- Gain greater control of model actuators with servomotors.
Understand the effects of temperature on your design
SOLIDWORKS Simulation Professional enables every designer and engineer to carry out thermal analysis at any stage of design to ensure that every component and assembly performs properly within expected temperature ranges, and spot safety issues before they arise:
- Study conduction, convection, and radiation heat transfer.
- Utilize isotropic, orthotropic, and temperature-dependent material properties.
- Determine the combined stresses and deformations due to structural and thermal loads.
Simulate frequency or buckling in your designs
Quickly and efficiently investigate the natural frequencies of a design—with and without loads and boundary conditions—with easy-to-use SOLIDWORKS Simulation Professional. Ensure that the natural modes of vibration are away from environmental forcing frequencies, indicating that the design will meet the required service life.
Frequency analysis with SOLIDWORKS Simulation uses an Eigen value approach to determine the natural modes of vibration for any geometry. If a design’s natural modes and its expected service vibration environment are closely matched, a harmonic resonance may occur and lead to excessive loads which will result in failure.
- Examine how vibrating or unstable modes can shorten equipment life and cause unexpected failures.
- Assess the effects of load stiffening on frequency and buckling response.
Pressure Vessel Design
In a Pressure Vessel Design study, you combine the results of static studies with the desired factors. Each static study has a different set of loads that produce corresponding results. These loads can be dead loads, live loads (approximated by static loads), thermal loads, seismic loads, and so on.
The Pressure Vessel Design study combines the results of the static studies algebraically using a linear combination or the square root of the sum of the squares (SRSS).
When using a solid mesh, the software provides a stress linearization tool to separate bending and membrane components. One can separate and linearize membrane and bending stresses between two locations in a sectional plot of pressure vessel study.
The results can be used in accordance with the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) International Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code. The functionality is used for solid meshes only. For shells, you can plot and list membrane and bending stresses separately.
SOLIDWORKS Simulation Benefits
Get products to market faster with less physical prototyping
Boost product innovation
Grow market share and differentiate through groundbreaking product design.
Empower the engineering team with intuitive, powerful 3D simulation tools to compare design scenarios and new ideas to bring innovative products to market.
Decrease development costs
Reduce the need for costly prototyping by integrating virtual testing early in product development.
Reduce outsourcing costs by testing performance and functionality internally.
Improve product efficency
Improve product performance, such as lower pressure drop and increased horsepower.
Optimize assembly performance by verifying part and mold designs in the earliest stages of development.
"Javelin’s quick response time, sales and technical support are all very good. We implemented SOLIDWORKS in 1998 and to date, remain a satisfied customer"
Brad Toole, Engineering Manager
Breaker Technology Ltd.
"The time we save using SOLIDWORKS and doing our own 3D printing helps us validate designs quickly to meet demanding project deadlines"
Ron Ryan, Fabrication Group Manager
"SOLIDWORKS has definitely brought something different to the Solar Industry. Our U.S. counterparts use 2D, but they will be switching to 3D soon"
Chris White, Design & Technical Manager
“Javelin is an easily accessible reseller who is supportive, knowledgeable and professional. Keep up the Gold Standard level of service.”
Michael Fernando, Tool & Die Designer
Theta Industries Inc.
“SOLIDWORKS is now the de facto standard and Javelin is one of the best SOLIDWORKS resellers. How can you go wrong with a de facto standard on both the reseller and the software?”
John Leavitt, Owner
“Javelin staff and technical support are excellent. They are knowledgeable, helpful and thorough. Technical questions are always answered; either immediately or in a timely manner.”
Christa Carey, Technical Support Manager
“We rely heavily on our software to keep us profitable, and Javelin is always in the background keeping ProVantage running.”
Peter Graham, Engineering Manager
"Javelin does far more than sell software and 3D printers. They provide team support and resources, when there were technical challenges, Javelin stepped up and made it right."
Timm Williams, Partner
"Evolve Design Solutions appreciates the excellent customer service, product knowledge and technical support provided by Javelin, our SOLIDWORKS Value Added Reseller (VAR).”
Aldo Balatti, Principal
Evolve Design Solutions
“Javelin offers the complete package; good products, good service and value for what you need. They’re a great bunch of people who are always willing to help you out.”
Mark McCumber, Senior Designer
F-B Tool & Die Limited
"As far as Javelin goes, they’re really nice guys. Excellent technical support is provided by a consistent group of people. Reasonable, low pressure sales support is also appreciated."
Mike McGuire, President
"I’ve been a believer in SOLIDWORKS PDM since day one because it’s been effective since day one"
Ray Minato, President
Inertia Engineering + Design
"Javelin seems to make an extra effort to ensure that the software’s capabilities are being maximized to benefit the customer.”
Darryl Turrie, Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer
MacLean Engineering & Marketing Co. Limited
"Javelin employees are friendly, knowledgeable and quick to respond with effective solutions, and ZEC Wind Power is very pleased to be affiliated with this company."
Michelle El-Hage, Designer
ZEC Wind Power
SOLIDWORKS Services included
Improve your performance and productivity with Javelin services
With SOLIDWORKS Subscription Service, you have access to extensive help from our SOLIDWORKS experts. Which will enhance your software investment and guide you through development challenges.
- Live Technical Support from our certified support team.
- Remote Support to solve your technical issue right on your machine.
- Regular Communication of software updates and technical tips and tricks.
Upgrades & Resources
Enjoy the latest version of your software and direct access to a comprehensive library of drawings, parts, assemblies, and features contributed by users around the globe.
- Automatic Upgrades to the most Up-to-date Version of your SOLIDWORKS software.
- FREE access to the SOLIDWORKS Customer Portal for Macros, Documentation, and the ability to submit Enhancement Requests.
- Full access to the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base for Articles, Tech Tips, and Best Practices.
Online Training & Certification
A MySolidWorks online account is included with your subscription service where you can get answers, stay current, and sharpen your design skills with online training:
- MySolidWorks Standard Account includes 600+ online tutorial videos.
- FREE access to SOLIDWORKS testing and certification to help you become a Certified SOLIDWORKS Associate (CSWA) or Professional (CSWP).
Find out the Cost
Get Canadian pricing for SOLIDWORKS software