A clean uninstall of SolidWorks Electrical comprises of the following steps listed below:
1) Setting up the environment. User might have to involve IT administration
– User must have complete Administration rights
– Start>Run> type UAC> Drag the slider to Never Notify> Click Ok and restart the machine
– Disable all security content such as Spyware, Anti-Virus and local machine Firewall
2) Start>SolidWorks Electrical> Uninstall SolidWorks Electrical
Follow the prompts to remove everything. (Removing actual project data is optional)
3) Check to see if the following Folders are deleted, if not manually delete them
C:\Program Files\SolidWorks Electrical
Note: All project data is stored in the c:\ProgramData location. Do not delete this if you have not archived your projects.
4) Under Add/Remove Programs, remove all Microsoft SQL 2008 R2 Content
Note: Do not do this step if you have not archived your projects. Also not to be done if you have built library content.
5) Check the registry keys and delete the string Electrical 2D from both locations
Note: Do not do this without your IT consent. Kindly take a backup of registry. Deleting registry content can cause system irregularity.
Delete the folder SolidWorks Electrical at the following registry path
Get Certified SOLIDWORKS Services from Javelin
Javelin Experts can help you to: