The successful implementation, use and growth of SOLIDWORKS PDM, is largely dependent on the skill of the administrator(s). Below are some characteristics that make for a good SOLIDWORKS PDM Admin person:
- Ability to form concession:
- Individuals and groups can have differing goals and priorities. A good PDM Admin should be able to form a solution, that the majority can agree on.
- Ability to make decisions:
- At times concession is not practical or possible. A good PDM admin should be able to make decisions that benefit the company as a whole.
- A solid understanding of the company’s policies and processes:
- In order to ensure that PDM reflects important company policies and processes, a good PDM Admin should have a good understanding of these policies and processes and/or be able to easily access information on these policies and processes.
- General computer skills:
- A comfortable working understanding of computers and a general understanding of networks.
- The admin should also have access to technical resources such as IT/IS
- Time to maintain and administer PDM:
- The PDM Admin should be able to schedule time for maintaining PDM (updates)
- General troubleshooting
- Developing and growing the use of PDM in order to take full advantage of the automation and time savings offered by SOLIDWORKS PDM.
If you are thinking about becoming a PDM admin person you can receive training from us in-class or online
Want to do more with SOLIDWORKS PDM?
Our Certified SOLIDWORKS PDM Experts can help you to: