It’s a regular occurrence in today’s technology centric workplace that hardware and software are regularly updated so you are using an up-to-date version of SOLIDWORKS on a powerful machine. But when was the last time that YOU personally got an update? I’m not talking about a bootcamp at your local gym, or performance enhancing milkshakes, no, investing the time and money required for an update to your SOLIDWORKS skills.
Taking advantage of the latest SOLIDWORKS features
I’m sure you are not using SOLIDWORKS like it’s 1999! And are likely an accomplished user with rock solid old-school skills, getting your job done in a competent and efficient manner. But are you taking advantage of all the new features that get added every year? There are 200+ enhancements with every new release of SOLIDWORKS that you or your company has paid for. Are you getting the maximum return on investment if you are not updating your skills to use those new features?
As a long time user you may have realized that you are a bit behind the times with the latest techniques, and the skills you are comfortable with have been replaced by new features and methods that you’ve not had the opportunity to learn.
Get a SOLIDWORKS Advanced Update Course
There is a quick and easy solution available to get your skills up-to-date. We provide a training course for users just like you in this situation. It’s called the SOLIDWORKS Advanced Update course and is specifically designed to update the skills of competent users to the latest version of SOLIDWORKS. The course includes all the best features and techniques added over the past few years.
Listed below is a breakdown of what’s included in the course, please check it out and see what you have been missing:
- Most efficient ways for using the SOLIDWORKS User Interface. Reduce mouse travel, mouse clicks or keyboard keystrokes. Depending on the current practices adopted by each user, the time savings can add-up fast (10-15% time savings).
- What’s new in SOLIDWORKS sketching environment. Best practices and advanced productivity related tips for creating and managing sketch entities, relations and dimensions.
- Various techniques for quickly creating mirrored components with or without an assembly.
- What’s new in patterns. Advanced patterning for automating the modeling process.
- Best practices for structuring the feature tree. How to document the recipe for each model fast, easy and clear. Ideally, the downstream users should waste minimum time trying to understand the design intent of a given model. Adopting such practices at the team level could save hours or even days every week.
- How to troubleshoot and fix errors (very important for fixing issues generated by design intent changes). Having troubleshooting skills is extremely important for teams of users considering the fact that most of the time the model or drawing created by one user for a specific project is used as the input for the model created by other team members for other projects. Based on the experience reported by other customers who took training with us, the average time savings per designer in the concept phase of a cloned project are in the range of 10-30 minutes daily.
- New and extremely fast ways to create and manage configurations of parts and assemblies. We are talking about being 5 to 10 times faster compared to using traditional techniques for configuring models.
- Boolean operations inside a multibody environment. Knowing how to use Boolean operations at the part and assembly levels could be the difference between wasting time and getting the job done. Sometimes, these types of techniques are the only solutions to modeling challenges.
- What’s new in SOLIDWORKS equations; including applying equations to features. Advanced equation management techniques.
- In-context design. The use of Virtual Parts during the concept phase of the design process.
- Creating inter-part relationships with or without using an assembly.
- Advanced Fillets, including fast selection of multiple edges based on specific rules.
- Assembly Mating Management. Learn how to easily find, change, and configure mates, and how to copy components with mates. All of these techniques are great productivity enhancers, resulting in huge time savings.
- Quick Selections inside Assemblies. Will also provide solutions for some of the most important challenges a user would encounter in assemblies.
- Large Assembly and Drawing management. This will provide solutions for some of the most important challenges a user would encounter in large assemblies and large drawings. Using these techniques would enable the users to open and start editing a large assembly in seconds instead of minutes.
Multiple ways to take the course
You might be aware of some of these features and techniques, but have you adopted them? If not then it’s really easy to take this course with three convenient methods available. Delivered by a Certified SOLIDWORKS Expert either in a local classroom (there are training centres all over Canada), over the web with our live online training, or on-site at your location.
Skills Update is a fraction of Technology Spend?
We realize that companies spend only a small percentage of their technology budget to update user skills compared to software and hardware updates – this is a problem! And something you need to raise with your manager. You are the most important business asset and updated skills is just as important as updated hardware and software.
Join the Skills Update Revolution
So I implore you to speak up on behalf of every long term SOLIDWORKS user and convince your manager that it’s time to get a skills update, make the time and find the budget to spend a couple of days in training. We guarantee that with your enhanced skills you and your business will save time in the long run, and be much happier in the knowledge that you are using your up-to-date software and hardware to its fullest.
Get Certified SOLIDWORKS Services from Javelin
Javelin Experts can help you to: