SOLIDWORKS World 2017 is now underway in Los Angeles, California, and you can Watch it LIVE Online to see keynote presentations from astronauts and rock stars, including Anousheh Ansari, Jason Silva, PRS Guitars, Mark Tremonti, and Duane Elgin.
Registering for the live webcast will provide remote viewing access to the SOLIDWORKS World 2017 General Session each day from Monday, February 6th through Wednesday, February 8th.
During the General Sessions you will learn from amazing customers who take new approaches to design for maximum end user benefit; hear from organizations that are finding ways to prepare the next generation of engineers for the workforce; and get inspired by our keynote speakers who will share how they were able to break the bounds of the “possible” and do something that has never been.
SOLIDWORKS World 2017 Agenda
Here is the agenda for the three general sessions starting at 8:15AM PST today:
Monday, February 6, 2017
8:15AM – 10:00AM PST
- Special Welcome
- SOLIDWORKS Innovation in the Age of Experience — presented by Gian Paolo Bassi, CEO, SOLIDWORKS, Dassault Systèmes
- Customer Mash Up — Paul Reed Smith and Jon Wasserman from PRS Guitars join Mark Tremonti, guitarist of Alter Bridge and Creed, to share the story of their collaboration for the design and development of the Mark Tremonti Signature guitar.
- CREATING THE NEW. THE NEXT. THE NEVER BEFORE — Design & Industry in the Age of Experience presented by Monica Menghini, EVP, CSO Dassault Systèmes and Bernard Charlès, Vice-chairman and CEO, Dassault Systèmes
- Keynote Presentation — presented by Jason Silva, who is best known as host of National Geographic’s hit TV series, Brain Games. He is also the creator of Shots of Awe, a short film series that explores innovation, technology creativity, futurism and the metaphysics of the imagination.
Tuesday, February 7, 2017
8:15AM – 10:00AM PST
- SOLIDWORKS 360 degrees — presented by Suchit Jain, Vice President, Strategy and Community, SOLIDWORKS, Dassault Systèmes
- SOLIDWORKS Education & the Next Workforce — presented by Marie Planchard, Director of Education Portfolio, Business Strategy, SOLIDWORKS, Dassault Systèmes and Amir Abo-Shaeer Founder, Dos Pueblos Engineering Academy. Amir Abo-Shaeer, a MacArthur Fellowship winner, is the founder of Dos Pueblos Engineering Academy, a program at the Dos Pueblos High School that provides a project-based education in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math.
- Customer Spotlight — Motiv Robotics addresses the connection between government and industry when developing advanced robotic systems for industrial applications and extreme environments, like the surface of Mars.
- SWUGN Awards — presented by Richard Doyle, SOLIDWORKS User Groups & Senior User Advocacy, SOLIDWORKS, Dassault Systèmes
- Robo Rumble — The National Robotics League, a program of the National Tooling and Machining Association, presents how they build America’s technology leaders, one robot at a time. Watch teams compete in the first-ever SOLIDWORKS World Robo Rumble.
Wednesday, February 8, 2017
8:15AM – 10:00AM PST
- SOLIDWORKS Ecosystem — presented by Kishore Boyalakuntla, Senior Director, Product Portfolio Management and Brand User Experience Leader, SOLIDWORKS, Dassault Systèmes
- Customer Mash Up — Sustainability expert and social visionary, Duane Elgin, talks to Jon Friedman, President and co-founder of Freight Farms, a company that provides physical and digital solutions for creating local produce ecosystems on a global scale. Together they will look ahead at the untapped potential for using 3D printing for building a sustainable future at a local scale. This will be both practical and inspiring as they explore how to use these technologies to live more sustainably in emerging new communities and “local living economies.”
- Model Mania — presented by Mark Schneider, Manager, Senior Product Introduction, SOLIDWORKS, Dassault Systèmes
- Keynote Presentation — presented by Anousheh Ansari, the first female private space explorer, spent eight days aboard the International Space Station. She is also the co-founder and chairman of Prodea Systems, platform for the internet of things.
- What’s New in SOLIDWORKS — presented by Kurt Anliker, Director of Product Introduction, SOLIDWORKS
Get Certified SOLIDWORKS Services from Javelin
Javelin Experts can help you to: