With the 2019 release and later versions of SOLIDWORKS PDM, the SQL Server Management Studio is no longer included within the installation media. Please see here for our updated guide to downloading and installing the SSMS.
The SQL Server Express Management Studio is a must for any SOLIDWORKS PDM Standard installation. With this tool you can capture database backups, run queries and complete other vault maintenance.
The simplest way to install this is during install within the installation manger;
- At SWPDM Server Options select ‘Install MS SQL Management Tools‘;
If you missed this during install do not fear as we can complete this later manually.
Manually Installing The SQL Server Express Management Studio
- Browse to <Installation Media>\SQLMNGMNT\sqlmanagementstudio_x64_enu.exe and Run as administrator
- Select New SQL Server stand-alone installation or add features to an existing installation
- Check for and install any updates then click next.
- For Installation Type select ‘Perform a new installation of SQL Server 2014‘ and click next;
- Read and accept the license agreement then click next
- For Feature Selection under ‘Shared Features‘ choose the following, then select next;
- Client Tools Connectivity
- Client Tools Backward Compatibility
- Management Tools – Basic
- Management Tools – Complete
- Click Next and complete the install;
- The management studio should now be available from;
- Start > Programs > Microsoft SQL Server 2014 > SQL Server 2014 Management Studio
Need SOLIDWORKS PDM Training?
Contact us about our SOLIDWORKS PDM training courses for users and administrators.